Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you that have finished the medical and psych, you are just waiting on the invite to the final PT and the merit board. And if you get an invite to the final PT that is NOT set in stone that you are in, because I have seen people get the invite to the PT but not make it into the academy due to merit board turning them down. But, the original question was wanting to know if you recieved your medical/psych date IMMEDIATELY following your polygraph?
    People do not lack strength, they lack will-Victor Hugo

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing-Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yes, I was given my medical/psych appointment date/time the same day as the polygraph. It was scheduled for about 2 weeks after the poly.

Comment

• i forgot to ask the Sgt but anyone know what the dress attire is for the med/psych...im scheduled on monday and not certain how their physical works, as far as treadmill, etcc..also is a changing room available if i need to clean up and change between the med and the psych?
        Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

• has anyone recieved any kind of notice yet?

Comment

• Does anyone know if ISP have take home cars?

Comment

• Got my "sorry not this time" letter yesterday. According to my letter, the Merit Board has already met, and if you pass the final PT test your in, so good luck to all that have made it so far, and I know they have a bunch more still going through. I'm sure the "happy" letters are soon to follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1Time View Post
                Does anyone know if ISP have take home cars?
                Ahhhh, the all important take home car.
                Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

• Originally posted by IPSPD13 View Post
                  Got my "sorry not this time" letter yesterday. According to my letter, the Merit Board has already met, and if you pass the final PT test your in, so good luck to all that have made it so far, and I know they have a bunch more still going through. I'm sure the "happy" letters are soon to follow.

After getting a letter in June letting me know that they were pursuing other options, I got a call this week inviting me back into the process and am scheduled to take my polygraph in November.

We shall see how it goes. If you don't mind me asking, why were you eliminated?
                  Last edited by Brutus08; 09-17-2009, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IPSPD13 View Post
                    Got my "sorry not this time" letter yesterday. According to my letter, the Merit Board has already met, and if you pass the final PT test your in, so good luck to all that have made it so far, and I know they have a bunch more still going through. I'm sure the "happy" letters are soon to follow.
                    any word on when the merit board met? I had my psych and medical on monday 9/14. I was under the assumption that the merit board would not meet again until first week of october.
                    Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

• the merit board is scheduled to meet monthly but don't always meet every month. When there is a process going they vote on the ones who have finished everything. And then the next month they might vote on a few more. You guys probably won't hear if you are invited to the Final PT until a month before the scheduled PT date or maybe even 2 weeks before. And the INTERIM PT is NOT a guarantee that you are in. JUST FYI!
                      People do not lack strength, they lack will-Victor Hugo

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing-Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Got my "No" letter yesterday too. I must say I'm surprised. I wasn't given a reason, just that I was not selected to be in the next recruit class. I would like to know what their decision was based on. If it was the psych part, I'd be a bit upset. The lady I met with there rushed me along and said we were done pretty quickly. It was quittin' time for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by bradd View Post
                          Got my "No" letter yesterday too. I must say I'm surprised. I wasn't given a reason, just that I was not selected to be in the next recruit class. I would like to know what their decision was based on. If it was the psych part, I'd be a bit upset. The lady I met with there rushed me along and said we were done pretty quickly. It was quittin' time for her.
                          how long did your psych portion last? I walked in the door at 1045am and was not done talking to the doctor until 5 minutes after 4.(doesnt sound good now that I think about it).

Comment

• If I recall correctly, I started filling out the hours of T/F questions at like 12 or 12:30. I got called in with the lady at close to 4:15. I guess they were done at 5. I really got the feeling she was trying to wrap it up and get me out of there. She must have looked at the clock a dozen times starting at 4:45.

They say everything happens for a reason, eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by bradd View Post
                              If I recall correctly, I started filling out the hours of T/F questions at like 12 or 12:30. I got called in with the lady at close to 4:15. I guess they were done at 5. I really got the feeling she was trying to wrap it up and get me out of there. She must have looked at the clock a dozen times starting at 4:45.

They say everything happens for a reason, eh?
                              hay man keep trying. Im the king of rejection, dejection, thanks but no thanks, and have law enforcement experience. If you want it gotta keep at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pc2761 View Post
                                hay man keep trying. Im the king of rejection, dejection, thanks but no thanks, and have law enforcement experience. If you want it gotta keep at it.
                                Well, it's funny how things work out. I actually got another offer the same day I got my rejection letter from IMPD. I too have taken a few tests and started a few processes. So I hear ya with things not working out, but I kept on it. Thankfully one came through and I'm pretty excited about it. Very shortly I'll be headed to the southwest border to start my career with the Border Patrol.

You all have been great here. I wish all the best for you who are still in the running. Keep Indy safe!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6098 users online. 342 members and 5756 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X