Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long did the psych/poly process take? i'll be in murder(myrtle) beach from monday 8/31-monday 9/7 and driving back and staying overnight in Indy with poly scheduled on tuesday 0700....
    Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by pc2761 View Post
      how long did the psych/poly process take? i'll be in murder(myrtle) beach from monday 8/31-monday 9/7 and driving back and staying overnight in Indy with poly scheduled on tuesday 0700....
      pc2761....Myrtle Beach, huh? Why is it you're ALWAYS there a week before me or after me? I'll be there 8-14 (Friday) - and leaving on 8-22 (Saturday). :P
      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

• Originally posted by towncop View Post
        pc2761....Myrtle Beach, huh? Why is it you're ALWAYS there a week before me or after me? I'll be there 8-14 (Friday) - and leaving on 8-22 (Saturday). :P
        where ya staying at townie? we're at the camelot again. purchased a golf package so I'll be the hack slowing everyone up.
        Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by pc2761 View Post
          where ya staying at townie? we're at the camelot again. purchased a golf package so I'll be the hack slowing everyone up.
          We always stay at the Grande Shores Ocean Resort. It's damn-near the northern end of Myrtle Beach, on the beach. Just south of the Apache Pier, if you're familiar. Our big thing was going to be renting a pontoon boat this year....until I saw the prices! Dang.
          Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

• Originally posted by bradd View Post
            To those of us who had the pleasure of medical/psychological evals already, what did you guys think?
            it was boring. and my psychiatrist kept staring me down. but i think it was a test. and my medical went fine. nothing special with it.

btw...there isnt anything else that i can do is there? i mean everything else is for the the background investigator and the review board correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by blueman218 View Post
              it was boring. and my psychiatrist kept staring me down. but i think it was a test. and my medical went fine. nothing special with it.

btw...there isnt anything else that i can do is there? i mean everything else is for the the background investigator and the review board correct?
              Yeah, 4+ hours of yes and no questions followed by explaining the answers was a heck of a way to spend the day. I was the last one there that day. The psychiatrist kept looking at the clock. I guess it was quitting time at 5 and she rushed me through and said we were done. I hope at least she was thorough. I have a career on the line here.

Medical went fine with me too I assume. No news is good news. Background phase is until October or November or something. Sit and wait game. I'm not worried about any of that either. From what I've heard, all of the info they gather goes to the merit board in December for their decisions.

Comment

• Looks like the academy date for us got pushed back to Feb. 8th and they are starting another class which is good to see.

http://www.indy.gov/eGov/IMPD/Employ...ssSchedule.pdf

Comment

• so you guys have been doing your medical and psych stuff already? Because when i went all i did was my poly and get fingerprinted and stuff?

Comment

• Originally posted by MI_anthony View Post
                    so you guys have been doing your medical and psych stuff already? Because when i went all i did was my poly and get fingerprinted and stuff?
                    I have no idea if everyone's process is the same or if things are scheduled differently for different people. But, yeah, I did my medical/psychological evaluations about 2 weeks after my polygraph. They gave me a packet of papers after my poly/fingerprints/etc with a date and time for my medical/psych.

Comment

• Originally posted by StateStudent09 View Post
                      Looks like the academy date for us got pushed back to Feb. 8th and they are starting another class which is good to see.

http://www.indy.gov/eGov/IMPD/Employ...ssSchedule.pdf

i hope thats the final decision...and i got a friend who is going to attempt the next class.

Comment

• Anybody in the 7th process or any recent process not get the information for the medical/psych from their BI before leaving the City County Building after the polygraph? If so did you get paperwork for the appointments mailed to you or did you get your "no thanks" letter or what? I know a guy that's in the process that seems to be doing really well but didn't get any info from his BI about anything further (med/psych dates or anything) and he's getting worried since most people seemed to right off the bat. They didn't tell him that anything was wrong during the background/poly so I'm not sure what the deal is and that was many weeks ago. Any insight? Success stories would be good

Comment

• from what I have always heard that if you don't get your info for the next phase right after the poly, it usually means you didn't pass this step. And everyone I know that made it to the medical and psych recieved their dates IMMEDIATELY after their polygraph. But they change things so frequently with the processes that it might be different now.
                          People do not lack strength, they lack will-Victor Hugo

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing-Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by IREL03 View Post
                            from what I have always heard that if you don't get your info for the next phase right after the poly, it usually means you didn't pass this step. And everyone I know that made it to the medical and psych recieved their dates IMMEDIATELY after their polygraph. But they change things so frequently with the processes that it might be different now.
                            unfortunately, that's my understanding too...sorry bro

Comment

• I was told that after my psych/perf (in early aug) that I would get a letter in early sept with a date for the final psysical fitness test. "They" also said that if I got a letter in Aug then it probably wasn't good. No letter in Aug so I guess that's a good thing. Was anyone else told something like that? With all the rumors out there it's hard to know if we are all still in the same boat. Is anyone else ILEA cert? If so, how far along are you? I keep hearing that this academy is being pushed back till jan or feb of 2010, but those are rumors. I know this is all part of the process, but it so hard to sit and wait for something you really want. Good luck to everyone in this process, and anyother process.

Comment

• I did my medical/psych in July. All I've been told is that I would get a letter sometime in September saying whether I was going forward or was done with the process after those steps. They said the board meets early in the month and would be making that decision. Also heard the class is now scheduled for Feb 8th. That's all I've got.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6171 users online. 358 members and 5813 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X