Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMPD 7th applicant process

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IMPD 7th applicant process

    Anybody else apply, or thinking of applying? Lets get a discussion going on this.

    D

  • #2
    I'd like to offer up some early advice.

    I was one of the officers who sat on an interview board for the 6th process. To those just now applying, if you make it to the Oral Interview, please either read books or take workshops, etc on the interviewing process. There were a lot of applicants that were average, marginal good. However, we as a board discussed the fact that had most of them had some help, they may have scored in the high category. If you know officers now, ask some of them. I know IMPD offerred a interview workshop, but HR said not a lot showed up.

    To all applicants, though... GOOD LUCK.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MetroOff519 View Post
      I'd like to offer up some early advice.

      I was one of the officers who sat on an interview board for the 6th process. To those just now applying, if you make it to the Oral Interview, please either read books or take workshops, etc on the interviewing process. There were a lot of applicants that were average, marginal good. However, we as a board discussed the fact that had most of them had some help, they may have scored in the high category. If you know officers now, ask some of them. I know IMPD offerred a interview workshop, but HR said not a lot showed up.

      To all applicants, though... GOOD LUCK.
      Sir, I went to the workshop and would like to say it was very informative. If anyone has the chance to attend one of these bfore their oral board I HIGHLY recommend it.

      chitown2lacop: If I don't get in on the 6th process you can bet I'll apply to the 7th

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm curious as to what would make an applicant score high on an oral interview with IMPD? I followed, what I thought anyway, to the "T" all of the tips and suggestions offered here from members of the ISP, as well as the handouts given to us at orientation. Needless to say, I didn't pass the oral with ISP....which I'm embarassed at to tell you the truth. I pride myself on my ability to do well on police dept. interviews.

        Would you say the ISP oral interview is similar in structure to that of IMPD (I'm only assuming you're familiar with ISP's structure)?

        Comment


        • #5
          ISP = Illinois or Indiana State Police? Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with how either of those departments do their interviews or structure.

          If anyone's been through a police interview, they know what "anchor" words are. Words that the board listens to of what needs to be said in response to the question. To score HIGH, one would usually need to hit 4 or more anchors per question.

          Also, keep in mind each question is scored INDEPENDENTLY of the others. You may need to repeat things you've said before to get credit.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MetroOff519 View Post
            ISP = Illinois or Indiana State Police? Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with how either of those departments do their interviews or structure.

            If anyone's been through a police interview, they know what "anchor" words are. Words that the board listens to of what needs to be said in response to the question. To score HIGH, one would usually need to hit 4 or more anchors per question.

            Also, keep in mind each question is scored INDEPENDENTLY of the others. You may need to repeat things you've said before to get credit.
            I apologize for not clarifying. It was the Indiana State Police.

            Comment


            • #7
              i also applied for the 7th class.
              Impd 7th class
              Written Test....pass
              PAT.....pass
              Oral interview...pass
              Back/poly....sept

              Comment


              • #8
                I too have applied for te 7th

                Comment


                • #9
                  I also applied for the 7th.
                  Does anyone have an idea of when the test is going to take place? After submitting the application it said I would be informed 2 weeks prior to the test, however I am a 10+ hour drive away and would like to plan it out now.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would expect to be notified probably the last week of Feb or beginning of March. I applied to the 6th process, although I couldn't make it to testing, and I got my notice probably 3 weeks before the test. The test was within the 4 days windows given on the website.


                    This is the process schedule for the class per the IMPD website

                    7th Sworn Recruit Class
                    Closing Date for Applications January 10, 2009
                    Written Exam March 12 - 15, 2009
                    Initial Physical Fitness Test April 15 – 18, 2009
                    Oral Interview Tutoring May 2, 2009
                    Oral Interviews May 4 – 8, 2009
                    Polygraph Exam/
                    Background Phase July 6 – November 6, 2009
                    Interim Physical Fitness Test November 13 – 14, 2009
                    Class Begins December 7, 2009

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks. The process in Indiana is totally different than here in NY.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Avix View Post
                        Thanks. The process in Indiana is totally different than here in NY.
                        Its different everywhere. I almost moved out to LA a few years ago in an application process that took very little time. Then there is Chicago, by me, where you test, and then wait 2+ to hear anything at all.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          got my letter in the mail today, taking the written 3/13 at 9am

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Received mine today, testing on 3/15 at 9am.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Testing on thursday march 12th
                              Impd 7th class
                              Written Test....pass
                              PAT.....pass
                              Oral interview...pass
                              Back/poly....sept

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3426 users online. 209 members and 3217 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X