Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond

Is anyone else applying at Hammond?

Trying; but I cannot find an application online and I really can't afford to drive all the way up there to pick one up. Anyone else hear anything?

Comment

Double Post
      Last edited by towncop; 01-06-2009, 07:52 AM.
      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by INDIANA2009 View Post
        Trying; but I cannot find an application online and I really can't afford to drive all the way up there to pick one up. Anyone else hear anything?
        Why do you have to drive all the way up there anyway? Call Candy in HR and have her fire one off to you in the mail.

Speaking of Hammond, I went through their lateral proxess in 2006. Excellent department, seemed pretty squared away. Pay isn't all that good however. Good luck.
        Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

Comment

Hey thereTowncop, I went through the process with you, but dme and INDIANA2009 need to call Candy and she will send you an application in the mail. Once it gets returned the process went rather quickly. I'm over the hill at 37 years old otherwise I'd be trying again.

Comment

if your a copper in indiana and live in IL do you have to reside in IN?
            Please let me know, Thank you.
            US Army 13M

Comment

I'm guessing that you will have to reside within a certain radius of Hammond like most other departments. Not exactly sure but I would think they would make you atleast reside in Indiana since you would be Indiana certified. Like I said, not sure; but good question. Hopefully we get that far to have to ask that question.

Comment

heres the reason why i ask. We have two homes. One in lowell indiana and our main residence in IL which is only about 35 min from hammond? Im just curious as to how that would work
                US Army 13M

Comment

I believe Hammond requires that you live withing their corporate limits for the first year.

Don't hold me to that though...

Comment

I talked with Candice yesterday and she is sending me the packet in the mail. As far as residency they do require that you have a Hammond address for the first year. The first test date is Jan. 24th. I was told by an HPD officer that they are trying to get the new hires in the April 1st NILEA academy. If this be true then the process should move along quickly.

Comment

The residence thing, yeah, that's their rule, however.......they will work with you. Actually it's the mayor's rule. A rule he legally cannot enforce. Candice told me when I was going through that they would work with me to find an address within the city limits that would work to meet the "requirement" thus allowing me to live where I wanted to, according to state law.

Comment

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
                        heres the reason why i ask. We have two homes. One in lowell indiana and our main residence in IL which is only about 35 min from hammond? Im just curious as to how that would work
                        I believe this has been asked on here somewhere before and you have to be a resident of Indiana.

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                          The residence thing, yeah, that's their rule, however.......they will work with you. Actually it's the mayor's rule. A rule he legally cannot enforce. Candice told me when I was going through that they would work with me to find an address within the city limits that would work to meet the "requirement" thus allowing me to live where I wanted to, according to state law.
                          I have a couple of friends on the HPD and they were able to use an address of a friend so they would not have to move.

Comment

are the apps at the police department? I left candice a voicemail and didnt hear back from her yet. I think i may just drive to the PD and get an app if thats where there handing them out at?
                            US Army 13M

Comment

Checked the Nilea website the next academy is March 9 then August 20.
                              Anyone know how many people they are looking to hire? just curious.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4750 users online. 241 members and 4509 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X