300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oc10spray View Post
    Okay. Here you go. Graduation standards.

First up is the vertical jump. 16 inches. If you can't jump 16 inches, kill yourself.

Next, 29 sit ups in one minute. Only way to get good at situps is to do situps. Don't do crunches or anything else. Do situps. Go to your testing able to do 40 situps so in case you freak out (it happens) you're still okay.

300 meter run in 71 seconds. Not hard. It's a fast jog, not much more. Go hard the first 75 meters and just cruise the rest of the way.

25 pushups. Same as situps. Do pushups. Some chest strengthening exercises will help. Use dumbbells, not barbells.

Last is the 1.5 mile run. 16:28 is the time. I had to pace a buddy of mine through the runs on the first and last day of the academy. Want to know how to run the 1.5 miles in 16:28? Do this, go outside and jog about as slow as you can WITHOUT WALKING for 1.5 miles. Your time will be between 15:30 - 16:00. You can run that slow and still make it as long as you don't walk.

I was in ILEA class 03-156. We had a 5'11 295 lb guy pass with no problem. Mildly obese is only a problem if you let it be.
    well according to the bmi index im moribdly obese at 6'1, 270 and still run the 1.5 in 13.5-14....45-50 situps, 75-80 pushups, 300 in about 45-50 and vertical i cand do in my sleep.....it aint hard
    Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by pc2761 View Post
      well according to the bmi index im moribdly obese at 6'1, 270 and still run the 1.5 in 13.5-14....45-50 situps, 75-80 pushups, 300 in about 45-50 and vertical i cand do in my sleep.....it aint hard
      Ummmm... Yeah, that was my point...lol

Comment

Here's a bit of encouragement. I went thru the Michigan Academy at 39 years old, and out of shape. I passed the entrance by millimeters (literally). I couldn't run 1.5 miles without stopping, and it took me about 17 min.
        I worked hard, trained outside class as well as inside. When I graduated, I passed the exit standards easily. I did the 1.5 mile run in 10.5 min. You can do it if you try and have determination. How bad do you want it? That's what my DI always asked me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6041 users online. 348 members and 5693 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X