300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the next Marion County Sheriff

Does anyone know who the republican candidate for sheriff will be? I know Kerry Forestal is Frank Anderson's choice for the democrats... I'd like to get a *CIVIL* discussion going on this...

Any thoughts on Forestal as sheriff... I think Anderson has done a pretty poor job this term and I voted for him twice... given how he's mismanaged the consolidation and handled MCSD after IMPD was put under the Dept of Public Safety, the next sheriff is going to have some serious challenges ahead...

I'm looking forward to reading what others have to say
    Last edited by mono2000; 12-16-2008, 12:47 PM.

I've heard a few names on the Republican side but nothing set in stone yet. I've also heard a couple of other names on the Democratic side as well, but again, nothing set in stone.

Whomever the next sheriff is though, there are a LOT of things that can be done to make things better, not only for MCSD, but for IMPD officers as well. There are several in the current upper admin from MCSD that need to go when the next sheriff is elected into office.

I agree though that no matter who the next sheriff is, there are some tough choices ahead.

Comment

I think one problem is the powers/role/duties of the special deputies... no newly elected sheriff is going to want to give up any LE duties Anderson is taking, regardless of what they may say in a campaign

Comment

Originally posted by mono2000 View Post
        Does anyone know who the republican candidate for sheriff will be? I know Kerry Forestal is Frank Anderson's choice for the democrats... I'd like to get a *CIVIL* discussion going on this...
        Rumor on the blogs are that Forestal likely will _not_ be the next Sheriff. Remember, the General Assembly passed a bill to limit what Sheriff's make. It will no long be a cash cow. The current rumor is that since Obama, a Democrat, is going to be president, Forestal might use his Anderson friendship to become the top US District Marshall, likely for southern Indiana.

What really makes me go are the rumors that certain Democrat constables and/or former constables may want to run for Sheriff. I wonder how many will have even attended a full police academy?

Here is the blog I have been reading:

http://www.indianabarrister.com/arch...musings-4.html

Comment

that blog says Anderson is considering a run for mayor
          Last edited by mono2000; 12-16-2008, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Yeah IndyStar had an article about Anderson possibly running for Mayor about 2-3 months ago, but of coure who knows how that'd play out. Forestal is the only real name I've heard as far as next Sheriff, everyone who thinks they know what they're talking about has always mentioned him. I've heard of a Mostinger (SP?) on the republican side but of course that's rumor just like all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Munky View Post
              Yeah IndyStar had an article about Anderson possibly running for Mayor about 2-3 months ago, but of coure who knows how that'd play out. Forestal is the only real name I've heard as far as next Sheriff, everyone who thinks they know what they're talking about has always mentioned him. I've heard of a Mostinger (SP?) on the republican side but of course that's rumor just like all of it.
              I've also heard Motsinger's name tossed about. Also, Bart McAtee. This is only what I've heard from sources in blue, NOT brown. Forestal for Marshal?? Let's hope not. He's an Anderson Clone and freakin' worthless.

Comment

Yeah I've heard Bart McAtee as well. I think he'd have a good shot just on name alone.

Comment

Anderson filed as a candidate for mayor.

Let's hope Forestal finds a hole to disappear into. U.S. Marshall might be good, he would be further from the people and have less of an impact.
                  Do your best, do what is right

Comment

Originally posted by IPDBrad View Post

Let's hope Forestal finds a hole to disappear into. U.S. Marshall might be good, he would be further from the people and have less of an impact.
                    If there was any doubt about Anderson's idiocy, it's just been erased.

Comment

Post deleted.
                      Last edited by IndySoldier1983; 06-29-2009, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IPDBrad View Post
                        Wow, that is just plain scary. He might actually get elected. He really thinks he doing a bang up job so far huh? I cannot fathom him running this city. To hard to think about.

Comment

Anderson as Mayor is the only way he can have control of the police department again, and we all know that's what he really wants. Absolute control of the department. I don't agree with everyone from Lt. up from MCSD needs to go, but I would agree with a lot of those higher ups need to go. I have a few particular names in mind that I would love to see go, one would make my job much easier.

Comment

Has Lincoln Plowman made any comments about a run?
                            Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
                            Toby Keith

Comment

As of now, Plowman has said he won't run.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4248 users online. 237 members and 4011 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X