Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OC10 is right. the five day weeks are not that hard. The academy IMO is far softer than many I have seen and talked with other officers about. Distance learning was a joke, and I truly feel that being an "inner city" ghetto working cop, that most of my police 'education' came from what I learned on the job and from my FTOs rather than what was learned at the academy.

the practical side of things is what I found to be most lacking- building searches, the report writing,etc.- all very very basic in nature. I found the lack of PT and discipline type instruction really was disappointing. I hope a revised curriculum takes all of that into account.

Looking at the difference in discipline and appearance of any basic class vs. Staties or ICOs is disheartening- when I was there and any time I have been down there since.
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

Said it once, and I'll say it again....ever since ILEA went to a softer, more gentle academy, they've been pumping out officers, in my opinion, with training that doesn't even TOUCH what is to be had on the streets. Bring back the days of old for Pete's sake! Bring back the discipline that used to be there, instead of making this a damn-near college campus type setting. Distance learning, never had it, read about it, seemed like a giant waste of time.

No police academy is going to give you what you will get from working with a vet FTO and/or actually doing it on your own where you can see it, feel it, and smell it.
      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Agreed. On the job training is where you cut your chops.

Comment

There is a reason it is called a basic academy. You have to build on what they teach you with street skills. They teach you just enough to get you killed, you have to take the next step to get better on your own.
          Sometimes there's justice! Sometimes there is just US!

Comment

How much PT or even DT for that matter is practiced at ILEA now?
            "If you don't know your rights... You don't have any.." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Not sure on the PT, but DT's is still a week long. Lt. Bob Black can put a serious *** whoopin' on you if need be. Believe that!
              Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3488 users online. 164 members and 3324 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X