NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excise hiring process 2008

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by southin
    Does anyone know if there is a separate authorization form that LEO's have to fill out for internal affairs records, or is it just the 8 included? It says on the signature page that you have to fill out the 8 and then the next item says the LEO internal affairs authorization.
    Originally posted by 03mustgt
    I would assume that you would get that from your department?

    I had to call Lt. Fulford from Excise and have him send me one. I recieved it the next day. It is different from the other releases. Once again I had to call and get it sent to me. Sorry I posted so late, just saw the questions. 10-43
    Last edited by acknight; 12-22-2008, 09:38 AM.

    Comment


    • #77
      Has anyone received their assigned date for the interview?

      Comment


      • #78
        I haven't, but good question, I was going to ask the same question.

        Comment


        • #79
          Does anyone know when Excise is going to start the interviewing process?

          Comment


          • #80
            Some interview letters arrived for people today.

            Comment


            • #81
              received interview letter yesterday for Tuesday February 17th, good luck to all!

              Comment


              • #82
                I have yet to receive my date for the interview. I passed the physical back on 11/22/08. This just seems really long with other people getting them already. Anyone else pass and not receive theirs yet or know anything that I don't?

                Comment


                • #83
                  I am cannot say for sure whether they are still sending out date/times for interviews. What I can say, and it is bad news for all, is that I have found out through a reliable source that they will be hiring for only 2 positions. As for what district and how many are left in the process I don't know. Looks like our best shot was a couple years ago when they hired 25 officers. This is similar to IMPD money crunch, but the city just pushed out those applicants and combined with the next group. What do you all think of this?

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by 2bblue
                    I am cannot say for sure whether they are still sending out date/times for interviews. What I can say, and it is bad news for all, is that I have found out through a reliable source that they will be hiring for only 2 positions. As for what district and how many are left in the process I don't know. Looks like our best shot was a couple years ago when they hired 25 officers. This is similar to IMPD money crunch, but the city just pushed out those applicants and combined with the next group. What do you all think of this?

                    I heard from a reliable souce 3.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      You need to call

                      Originally posted by INDIANA2009
                      I have yet to receive my date for the interview. I passed the physical back on 11/22/08. This just seems really long with other people getting them already. Anyone else pass and not receive theirs yet or know anything that I don't?
                      Lt566

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Well...just got home from work and saw that I need to call. Does not sound good, I never received anything. Guess I will try early Monday. Most of the time they tell you not to call but in a situation like this, how long do you wait. That's the hard part.
                        Last edited by Guest; 02-06-2009, 04:37 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Are you serious? They are going to hire only 2 people out of all those applicants. Why do they even bother to accept all those applicants? They should have a cut off of how many applicants that can apply. That way people will not waste there time.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by B Love
                            Are you serious? They are going to hire only 2 people out of all those applicants. Why do they even bother to accept all those applicants? They should have a cut off of how many applicants that can apply. That way people will not waste there time.
                            Welcome to the world of LE. It's highly competitive and time consuming. That is why they go through a process, to see who has the ability and the level of commitment to do this job. It's not a waste of time if you make through. Don't get frustrated at the process, it's an expirence builder that will only help you in the next one. Keep applying and keep going after your goal, it will be worth it in the end, alot more than if it's just handed to you.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Just to keep this thread alive... I had my interview on Monday. They are running 3 interviews concurrently (3 different panels) every 30 minutes I believe. 20 minute max. 5 person panel.

                              They said if you dont pass the interview, you will receive a letter in about a week. If you don't receive that letter, you can assume your background was silently started and should get a phone call from your background investigator. Also, a tip from the last process, that phone call was the officer calling saying "I'm in your driveway, are you or how soon can you be home?"

                              Good luck to all.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Your absolutely right, I didn't quite look at it that way, but thanks for the insight ISPD13.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7707 users online. 60 members and 7647 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎