300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton County Sheriff's Department

The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Department is currently conducting a hiring process for the Deputy Sheriff position. Applicants must be a graduate of the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy.

Interested applicants can pick up a “pre-application” at the sheriff’s office or visit our website at www.co.hamilton.in.us click on “Sheriff” then proceed to “forms” where you will find the pre-application.

For additional information contact Lt. Thomas L. Gehlhausen at [email protected].
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Thanks towncop I just applied yesterday. Do you know how many openings? From what I gather only one position, not sure.

Comment

I don't know brother. I just saw it and posted it here. I'm not interested in it because the last time they were processing, I spoke with the Sheriff and he said that they were top-heavy with instructors and I probably wouldn't be able to keep my certification up. Screw that.
      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

i sent my app in about a month ago but i'm not a graduate of ILEA so i guess i'm out for right now until they hire those who haven't been through.

Comment

Just wondering, does anyone know the starting salary for HCSO?

I'm like 6 years away but just comparing salaries.
          sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know the pay scale for the 1st year, 3rd year, and say 5th year? Are they offering any lateral benefits? With Carmel and Fishers paying over $50K/year, does the SD lose a lot of people to those departments?

Comment

Pay is $41k. Laterals make more depending on experience. IF you're looking for Carmel-like pay, you'll have to apply at St. John's PD.

Comment

Originally posted by lemmein71 View Post
                Pay is $41k. Laterals make more depending on experience. IF you're looking for Carmel-like pay, you'll have to apply at St. John's PD.
                Does pay ever go up from there? What is the upper limit after say five years on the road?

Comment

St. Johns P.D. is really hard to get on ....Great Pay there ..

Comment

There are no Sheriff's Departments that pay like Carmel or St. John's that I know of. I don't know what the lateral's pay for Hamilton County. You can email the Lt. mentioned in the job opening and he can tell you. That's where I got my info for starting pay. He told me laterals make more depending on experience. I didn't push the issue after that.

Comment

St. John's PD?

Comment

Anyone know where this process stands?

Comment

Last I heard 12 went to the interview and are waiting their pass/fail letters. From that point they are going to advance 5 to the background / merit board. They are only taking ILEA for this spot. I have heard there is a chance they are going to hire 6 in 09 - maybe.

Comment

Hey can anyone tell me anything about hamilton county reserves officers? How do you apply? and What is the qualifications?

Thanks
                            "What I write, is what happen."

Comment

Originally posted by Citation35HF
                              The qualifications are the same as full time deputy. HCSO has quite a lengthy reserve academy and FTO, something like 4months of class room then 600 hours of FTO. Something that turned me off to their reserve program. That could be 2 years of training before you are released.
                              Thanks, Yea that is alot for an un-paid officer. Do you know of any other departments that have a shorter quicker one? And what the benefits of doing reserve?
                              "What I write, is what happen."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6049 users online. 319 members and 5730 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X