300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dnr

Thought I'd post this information for anyone who may be interested.

DNR to initiate officer screening process

The Indiana Department of Natural Resources, Law Enforcement Division, will initiate an officer screening process to select Conservation Officer Recruits beginning Oct. 8.

The Law Enforcement Division will conduct testing at three separate sites around Indiana.

• Oct. 8 at 5 p.m. at Lincoln Junior High School, 220 N. Liberty St., in Plymouth

• Oct. 14 at 5 p.m. at Scottsburg High School, 500 Gardner St., in Scottsburg

• Oct. 18 at 9 a.m. at the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy, 5402 Sugar Grove Rd., in Plainfield (enter the building at the main entrance on the east side)

Registration will begin one hour prior to test time. You should arrive no later than 30 minutes prior to test time. No one arriving after the scheduled test time will be permitted to take the test.

You must bring a valid drivers license and a certified copy of your college transcript to be eligible to take the test.

Please visit our Web site, www.in.gov/dnr/lawenfor to view minimum requirements to become an Indiana conservation officer.
    Last edited by forensiccop; 09-09-2008, 09:43 PM.

I heard the last recruit school had about 22 recruits start and they graduated 11.
    Last edited by IUHoosier; 04-18-2009, 12:27 AM.

Comment

can you substitute college requirements for military? or Patrolman experience?

Comment

Originally posted by navy80 View Post
        can you substitute college requirements for military? or Patrolman experience?
        No. They require an associate degree, or 2 years credit towards a bachelor degree.
        Last edited by towncop; 09-11-2008, 11:26 PM.
        Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Anyone have any information on the hiring process? I looked at the website and didn't find anything.

Comment

There process is quite a bit different than most departments in the state, or at least it was six years ago when I tried. The written exam and written pysch is completely different, their agility test includes a swimming portion, etc.

Be sure to look into what you need to prepare for if you're going to try for DNR so you don't get knocked out for something silly.
            I miss you, Dave.
            http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

I'm there, thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Dates

Does anyone have information or could direct me to information on ICO training school dates, such as deadlines for application, training school start dates, etc. I assume they only have one recruit school per year, is this correct?
                I have tried to look up this information but cannot seem to locate it, any info is appreciated.

Comment

has anyone heard any info about the process thats going on??

Comment

The usually do a process every couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by rich95 View Post
                      has anyone heard any info about the process thats going on??
                      They dont provide a whole lot of information on their website about the schedule of the process. Like CruiserClass stated, their process is a little different than most departments in the state.
                      Last edited by IUHoosier; 04-18-2009, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Currently Background investigations and one on one informal interviews with local officers will begin January 28 and end by March 2.

Comment

Hello! I'm new here and I'm just curious if anyone has had any updates on the ICO process? Good luck to all who are still in!

Comment

Hello all,
                            I know that the officers have started contacting the applicants, anyone had an interview yet? Good Luck!

Comment

I guess we are in a waiting game now..what fun

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6495 users online. 362 members and 6133 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X