300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPD Class 6 and 7 Combined

Per IMPD website, the application process that began on April 11th is being combined with that which begins on Sept 12th. These were classes 6 and 7 but are now making class 6 which will attend IMPD Classes on July 6th. For more info visit:
    http://www.indygov.org/NR/rdonlyres/...ssSchedule.pdf

Had a feeling that was going to happen. Wonder if they'll get the "7th" people caught up and then proceed with those in the original 6th afterwards. Get everyone on the same page.

Comment

took the written today. Every desk, or table available was occupied, huge turnout. The packets we received show the fit test not taking place until 4/09 with academy slated to start 12/09....obviously different from what was posted on website but can/probably will change again. Side note: are impd officers permitted to wear nylon gear? Every officer I saw today and all that i see on tv are always wearing either the basic leather or that shiny plastic looking leather. Is there a specific policy not allowing nylon??
      Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

so was that for the 6th or 7th class? I am assuming for the 7th?
        People do not lack strength, they lack will-Victor Hugo

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing-Abraham Lincoln

Comment

hope to see you guys in April haha
          Be polite to everyone you meet, but be ready to kill them at a moments notice.- Maj.Willard

Comment

Originally posted by pc2761 View Post
            took the written today. Every desk, or table available was occupied, huge turnout. The packets we received show the fit test not taking place until 4/09 with academy slated to start 12/09....obviously different from what was posted on website but can/probably will change again. Side note: are impd officers permitted to wear nylon gear? Every officer I saw today and all that i see on tv are always wearing either the basic leather or that shiny plastic looking leather. Is there a specific policy not allowing nylon??
            They are issued and wear the clarino Sam Brown duty belt (high gloss). Exception may be SWAT/K-9. Not 100% sure on those however.

Comment

I'm ready for the test tomorrow...I hope. Good luck to everyone and hoping for the best for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Citation35HF
                Officers must wear High Gloss (shiny) stuff if memory serves correct. Specialty Units can wear Nylon (K9,ERG,SLED..etc.)
                Looks super professional. You see some of these doughnut city/town PD's that are aloud to wear Nylon belts and Tac uniforms and they don't look half as professional.

I do agree that the high gloss does look more professional however it does no good to wear the high gloss for appearance when alot of officers i see, not just impd but in general, are sporting the gut with shirts that are two sizes too big, and boots that havent seen polish in about 3 4 9 weeks. the nylon is so much easier on the back. I switched and the difference in the weight and ability to move is amazing. Another question concerning IMPD, their website says nothing about a shift bonus for those working b, c shifts. Is it just not listed or is there no such bonus.
                Last edited by pc2761; 09-13-2008, 10:32 PM.
                Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

Written test wasn't too bad today. Kinda surprised that the initial physical fitness test isn't until April, but that's fine it gives me plenty of time to get ready for it! I was kind of hoping the academy start would stay in July, but it's been pushed back until December. But oh well, as long as I get in I'll be happy.

Comment

What did you do to prepare for the test Munky and how did your preparation line up with the questions asked? Good luck to you!

Originally posted by Munky View Post
                    I'm ready for the test tomorrow...I hope. Good luck to everyone and hoping for the best for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Wapehani View Post
                      What did you do to prepare for the test Munky and how did your preparation line up with the questions asked? Good luck to you!
                      I went through the sample packet a few times with a friend of mine since he was going through the test as well. Also I highly recommend utilizing the full two hour study session that they give you. I did and felt pretty comfortable taking the test after the lunch break.

Comment

that test was almost just like the MCSD test & my Cobb co sheriff test when it comes to facial recognicon(sp) & recalling the scene of the crime
                        Be polite to everyone you meet, but be ready to kill them at a moments notice.- Maj.Willard

Comment

How long to hear back?

I just took my first test on 9/13/08. How long does it usually take to hear a response?
                          This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Written Exam - 9/14/08 - PASSED
                          Physical Fitness Test - 12/14/08 - PENDING

Comment

Originally posted by pc2761 View Post
                            I do agree that the high gloss does look more professional however it does no good to wear the high gloss for appearance when alot of officers i see, not just impd but in general, are sporting the gut with shirts that are two sizes too big, and boots that havent seen polish in about 3 4 9 weeks. the nylon is so much easier on the back. I switched and the difference in the weight and ability to move is amazing. Another question concerning IMPD, their website says nothing about a shift bonus for those working b, c shifts. Is it just not listed or is there no such bonus.
                            We get a bonus for off shift hours. I work Lates and i think it is about $100 a paycheck or so. Nylon can be worn by SWAT, ET, K9, I think AI=Accident Cars, SLED. You can also wear it if you have a DRs note for back problems as i understand.
                            Good Luck

Comment

got my letter today...passed the written exam...now we run some more.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4283 users online. 217 members and 4066 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X