300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brownsburg Police Dept.

Got my packet for Brownsburg today. Anybody else? I can't believe they want $40 bucks to take the test. I've heard of $20 but times must be tough for Brownsburg.

Ouch...

I bet that cuts down on the riff-raff.
    SPSC 262

Comment

Yeah I got mine today, but I'm not going since I just got hired somewhere else. I was surprised by the 40 bucks myself:RIDICULOUS!!!

Comment

When is the test date??

Comment

Originally posted by Auggie View Post
          When is the test date??
          Sept. 13th

Comment

Thanks! Hopefully I get a letter soon so I can get airline tickets. I hate to see how much they are going to cost!!

Comment

Anyone have info on how many they are going to hire. I have heard some rumors about a double digit hiring orgy and annexation but you all know how those go? Any info would be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by ready2b1 View Post
                Anyone have info on how many they are going to hire. I have heard some rumors about a double digit hiring orgy and annexation but you all know how those go? Any info would be helpful.
                Doubt that with budget cuts and all but good luck. Also dont plan on a quick hire because this is one LONG process.

Comment

From a training aspect, hiring double digits would be a nightmare (perhaps impossible) for the average Indiana PD.

Comment

They were going to hire that many within the next couple of years. But like I said, I just wanted to hear some truth instead of rumors.

Comment

Pay to take a test?? What the heck? Thats nuts!!
                      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by j706 View Post
                        Pay to take a test?? What the heck? Thats nuts!!
                        A lot of "those-types" of departments around Indy make you pay to take the written test. Carmel, Nobelsville, Brownsburg, Zionsville. It's nuts.
                        Last edited by towncop; 09-12-2008, 12:37 AM.
                        Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                          A lot of "those-types" of departments around Indy make you pay to take the written test. Carmel, Nobelsville, Brownsburg, Zionsville. It's nuts.
                          Wow- I have never heard of that before. That is not only nuts it is IMO plain wrong.
                          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Does anyone know when brownsburg is going to hire again? and how many?
                            "What I write, is what happen."

Comment

Had an acquaintance that left a pretty busy small, southern Indiana police job for a position with BPD. Loved the money, HATED THE BOREDOM! This officer was a go-getter. Worked dope, DUI's the whole nine yards. Got to Brownsburg, his wheels came to a grinding halt. He left after a little more than a year with Brownsburg. Is now with an excellent agency on the Ohio River.
                              Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5711 users online. 318 members and 5393 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X