Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Bend Officers Pay for Gas

http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/26415619.html

I'm currently applying for this Department. Wasn't sure if there are any SBPD officers here who'd want to comment on this and can guess an outlook on this situation? I don't want to waste the 8 month app process and 6 months of academy training to get laid off once I start the job!

Any officers want to sound off on this topic?

I think just about everyone puts in a few dollars a month in the police car to show that officers are trying to help in this gas situation. I also think and heard of South Bend P.D. possibly laying off officers which may be coming. I wouldn't want to be in that long process and possibly not being hired at all.

Comment

I believe FWPD just started deducting 25/every two weeks from those with take-homes.
      Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

I wouldn't mind the gas deduction out of the check. Whatever prevents a massive layoff! And South Bend does NOT need less officers. We've had a spring of shootings/murders in the past month. Also a couple arsons and some high profile cases coming up. So having an officer lay off wouldn't be the greatest idea for that district.

They may have to do away with the "take home" vehicles for some of the newer officers. Or pair up two cops to a cruiser Senior officer gets the take home.

Anything but an officer layoff. I believe there are a lot of good officers over there and seeing a layoff would be bad for their families and worst off the community.

Comment

I am sure it sucks but for $20.00 a paycheck I would gladly pay it. You can't get a tank of gas for that.

Here in Florida many/most departments have take homes, but few allow for off-duty use. To and from work/school/gym and that's it.

I greatly agree no department can stand to layoff officers right as times are getting harder and crime higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Ra1nMak3R View Post
            And South Bend does NOT need less officers. We've had a spring of shootings/murders in the past month.
            Try 18 murders in eight months in Fort Wayne!! I think that we're trying for the record in the category. Still four months left!!
            If I were fulltime, I wouldn't mind the 50 bucks a month for gas. The guys and gals up here drive the he** out of their take home cars.
            sigpic
            "I can do ALL things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13 (KJV)

Comment

I wouldnt mind paying $50 a month in gas. Im sure if you were to actually pay it, it would be MUCH more. Im looking forward to having a take-home car. I like being able to set things up my way....especially if Im gonna spend 8+hours in it.
              "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
              Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
              Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ra1nMak3R View Post
                http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/26415619.html

I'm currently applying for this Department. Wasn't sure if there are any SBPD officers here who'd want to comment on this and can guess an outlook on this situation? I don't want to waste the 8 month app process and 6 months of academy training to get laid off once I start the job!

Any officers want to sound off on this topic?
                I do and I will.

a) no layoffs. Long story short is that there is a "public safety tax" gonna be imposed on county residents that will come up for news discussion AFTER the elections. The local govt's are boo-hooing trying to rally support so we don't have to lay officers off... which:

b) as dangerous and violent as this town is we simply can;t afford to lay officers off anyways.

c) The extra funding we "volunteered" to pay per pay period ($20 total extra a month) in addition to the "insurance" we were paying before is designed to help offset fuel costs if fuel rises above the budgeted bulk city rate. basically it is so the take homes will not be taken away or limited to/from work use only, which right now, we are still the only agency in the county that does not limit just to/from work. $20 a month is still less than filling up the Wrangler.

If you have any other questions PM me.. I was busy moving all week and havent had much internet time available.. sorry for delay in my response.
                And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5258 users online. 285 members and 4973 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X