300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Up Holster Ideas

Hey guys. I need some help. I have bought 2 different back up holsters. However, they are just not working. One is a belly holster and the other is an ankle. The ankle holster is the kind that when you tie your boots, the shoe laces go through the holster. My problem is with the ankle every time, I get into my car and get out, it's no longer concealed. The belly holster is a whole another issue because the way the gun sits points straight down at Mr. Johnson and of course I don't want to lose that part of the body if the gun were to discharge accidently. I have searched and searched and can not find anything around. I would like to find a holster that goes with my vest but the times I've gone to US uniforms, besides the one guy creeping me out, they are no help. Any advice would be much appreciated...........Also any good websites that I can go to besides the usuals. Thanks Oh yea it's for a Glock 27.

http://www.akerleather.com/pages/con...t_holsters.htm

Look a good ways down on the page:

Hideout Holsterâ„¢

Designed for unobtrusive carry while wearing body armor, the holster attaches to vest straps and carries like a vertical shoulder rig. Available for popular semi-autos and revolvers.

I don't have it, but others have recommended it in another thread and it looks more sturdy than the uncle mike's version.

http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/..._holsters.html

Comment

I have a Glock 27 that I have carried in an Uncle Mike's Sidekick size 4 (like the one pictured in the link) since buying the gun in 1997. I still have the same holster and even though the stitching is mostly pulled out it still holds the gun in it like it was brand new. I have never used the velcro strap that goes over the backstrap of the gun and the vest straps hold it against my side without any problems. The gun has never come loose from the holster even when running, jumping, falling down, sleeping, etc. I used an ankle holster for about a month but hated the way it felt and never got used to it so I went back to the vest holster.

Comment

It depends what BUG you are carrying. If you are going to try ankle, hands down the best is the Bianchi Triad ankle holster. It holds it close to the ankle by a 3rd strap and has a removable ankle pad whick I remove and use over my boot. I have one for bot my Glock 27 and my Smith .38 stainless. I have tried many ankle holsters over the years and these are the sht. You can get one online for $30-45. Jenkins has them for the snubnose .38's.
        Vest carry i have no advise. My shirts are too tight to pack one there.
        Stay safe bro

Comment

Originally posted by straycat62 View Post
          My shirts are too tight to pack one there.
          If you didn't get your shirts tailored you would have more room in them!

Comment

Originally posted by IMPDNE View Post
            Well, he only weighs 100lbs so it sticks out like a tumor if on his side.

Comment

Originally posted by MCSD241 View Post
              Well, he only weighs 100lbs so it sticks out like a tumor if on his side.
              True dat! I could hide a sherman tank in my shirt. Right now though all I have is my BUG and some sammiches.

Comment

Have you tried to simply rotate the belly band holster to the side and wear it like that? Otherwise the hideout type holster works very well.......They make them in regular cloth like material as well, but after drawing the weapon they tend to be a bit heard to reholster in. That is where this leather hideout rig will come in top shelf as I am sure it stays open better to allow for easier reholstering.

I will put in another thumbs up for the Triad Ankle Rig. If you going ankle carry, IMHO, there is no better rig. You are able to place it above your boots which helps keep in concealed as well as out of inclimate weather, snowbanks etc.

Quote of the day..........

The gun has never come loose from the holster even when running, jumping, falling down, sleeping, etc.
                Love it!
                Last edited by halfacop; 08-28-2008, 02:39 PM.
                There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

If God carried a gun - it would be a 1911

Comment

I've seen those guys without tailored shirts. . . . they look like bags of poo with all that excess material hanging out the back!
                  Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                    I've seen those guys without tailored shirts. . . . they look like bags of poo with all that excess material hanging out the back!
                    Its called a "hidden tailor." Not only do my shirts not look like poo from all the excess material hanging out the back, it keeps my sammiches from sliding down into my pants.

Comment

Never had me shirts tailored. Did have sleeves shortened to show off my extra guns, though. Ha!

Comment

Never had me shirts tailored. Did have sleeves shortened to show off my extra guns, though. Ha!

Comment

Its called a "hidden tailor." Not only do my shirts not look like poo from all the excess material hanging out the back, it keeps my sammiches from sliding down into my pants.
                          Never did like the "hidden tailor." I've been used to shirt stays since my days in the Corps ('92-'96) and carrying them right over to the job. I get the shirt tailored and still wear two sets of stays. Good thinking though about the sammiches!
                          Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

running, jumping, falling down, sleeping, etc.
                            Sleeping and falling down I can see you doing....but running and jumping?

Come on now

Comment

I carry a Smith Airweight .38 with no holster,left front side behind my magazine pouch with the pistol butt towards my weak side (Left side). I also carry some spare BUG loads in a speed strip. Easy to access with my weak hand. No one would ever know its there. Mine has rubber grips so it doesn't move. I carried it that way fro pushing ten years with no problems what so ever. I know it sounds uncomfortable, its not. And no it is not dangerous. You won't accidentally fire it off, I hope not!.

I have also tried the holsters that attach to you armor straps. It is hell on carriers IMO. I guess if a guy was carrying a very small BUG like a Ruger LCP it might not be to bad. If you want mine PM me I will be happy to mail it to you.
                              Last edited by j706; 09-11-2008, 08:59 PM.
                              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3261 users online. 144 members and 3117 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X