Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

City of Evansville Now Hiring (Deadline: Dec. 31 2008)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City of Evansville Now Hiring (Deadline: Dec. 31 2008)

Evansville PD now hiring.

Applications here: http://www.evansvillepolice.com

or pick up in person.

If I heard correctly this is also the first of the hiring to be conducted every year instead of using the 2-year list.
    Paid to watch 30 second ads|CopCars|Spiritual Wisdom|LotPatrol

You're correct AuxiTrooper about the every year thingie. Evansville is a great department and the largest in southwest Indiana. Went to the academy with about 5 of their officers, stayed close with 2 of them and they still absolutely love it 10 years later. I believe that they are trying to, if they haven't already, implement a lateral program for certified officers to make the pay, vacation, and other bennies more appealing. Good luck to all who apply.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

towncop I guess Ill be headed your way and apply at EPD, do you know if they will take laterals w/o police/fire perf at 36 yoa?

Comment

That is down my way. The last I heard,(and it has been a while) they are still hammering out the details on the age cap..
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        In Memory of Staff Sgt. Matt Kimmell
        United States Army
        5th Special Forces Group
        Former Deputy Sheriff, Vanderburgh County
        Killed in Iraq October 11, 2005
        Sometimes I wonder, who you'd be today!!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.tryfreemasonry.org

Real men wear aprons..

Comment

Originally posted by ptcop531 View Post
          That is down my way. The last I heard,(and it has been a while) they are still hammering out the details on the age cap..
          +1 on what Brother ptcop531 said. I spoke with one of Evansville's citycouncilmen today (went to school with him and don't know HOW he ended up in this Godforsaken part of the state) and he said that there's still a lot of details that need to be finalized before they post the info.
          Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

Comment

Do EPD recruits stay at the academy in plainfield like state recruits do? I wonder how many they plan on hiring and if there will still be a list.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidjay8505 View Post
              Do EPD recruits stay at the academy in plainfield like state recruits do? I wonder how many they plan on hiring and if there will still be a list.
              Negative. EPD recruits go to the Southwest Indiana Law Enforcement Academy in Evansville, and it's not a live-in academy.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidjay8505 View Post
                Here is what I have "HEARD" though the grapevine. Yes there will be a list. The list will be good for one year instead of two. How many depends upon the need of the department and the budgetary constraints of the department. There is no set number. In other words, they will hire off the list if they "have to" to maintain staffing requirements. They are still below their maximum strenght, with no plans on getting up to that number. David PM me if you want a contact name, and phone number.
                Originally posted by Smurfette_76
                You will always be disappointed when you expect rational behavior from irrational people.
                "I always carry a pen in my but, because you never know when things are going to crack off."
                Unnamed inmate VCJ

Comment

There was an article this week in the Evansville Courier and Press about the new hiring process. The yearly hiring has yet to be approved but is expected to be soon. The current list is effective for the two years. The list they are currently taking applications for will be good for 18 months and then it will be every 12 months. EPD spokesperson said they want to all ways be taking applications.
                  War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

I'm glad to hear that they do not go to the live-in academy, that makes my day!

I just read an article about evansville annexing some knight township land to the north, and it says that could add an EPD officer if that is approved.

Comment

Who all is applying this time?

How many people are on this thread that are actually applying this go around?

Comment

Still undecided. I have been burned by them one other time and i'm not sure if I want to waste my time (and theirs) again.

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

Anybody know if they take out of state laterals? I would rather not have to go through a full academy again. I'm full time in Illinois. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by K9Tom View Post
                            Anybody know if they take out of state laterals? I would rather not have to go through a full academy again. I'm full time in Illinois. Thanks.
                            You would have to petition the Law Enforcement Training Board at ILEA and submit your paperwork (i.e. certification, course description) and they would evaluate it to see if you would qualify for the waiver. This would be done for you if you were hired by EPD (or 99% of other agencies in Indiana). You would only have to attend criminal law, firearms, and a couple others, no matter WHERE you come from. Not a big deal. Fairly painless process.

Comment

I thought they were only going to take instate lateral transfers?

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2962 users online. 159 members and 2803 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X