300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief pulls me aside...

So I was eating at a local estab with my father over the weekend and the chief of the our towns PD is sitting beside and we're shooting the breeze... typical in my small town...

As I get up to pay for my meal he asks me to come outside... crap always makes me nervous...

He tells me that he wants me to put in an application at the PD for a reserve position for a short period of time then when a spot opens to go full time...

I am a reserve deputy in the same county as the town pd...

the PD pays about 6k more per year...

My question for you all is... Is this going to hurt my credibility if I jump to the PD for a chance to better myself in the long run?

Hurt your credibility? Hell no it won't. Think about it, you're going to a job that pays 6k more per year. How would that hurt you?
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Towncop... You never fail to let me down... I need to buy you a case of beer.

Comment

Coors Light In all seriousness, if someone has a problem with a police officer wanting to better himself for WHATEVER reason, that's on them. You gotta look out for number 1 brotha!
        Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

GO FOR IT. It has been my experience that there are three types of reserve officers. #1. Those that are doing it as a stepping stone to a full time position with their agency or another. #2. Those that truly enjoy playing cops and robbers but still like their other chosen job. #3 Those that know they cant be fulltime cops for whatever reason.

You get pulled aside by the chief and you are "encouraged" to put in an app with the expectation to slide over to a F/T spot. Which kind of reserve does that make you??? Nothing wrong with that at all.....Good Luck and spend the 6k wisely!!!
          You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

Absolutely go for it! That's good when the Chief comes to you and ask to put an app in, that means he wants you on his dept.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier_Boy View Post
              So I was eating at a local estab with my father over the weekend and the chief of the our towns PD is sitting beside and we're shooting the breeze... typical in my small town...

As I get up to pay for my meal he asks me to come outside... crap always makes me nervous...

He tells me that he wants me to put in an application at the PD for a reserve position for a short period of time then when a spot opens to go full time...

I am a reserve deputy in the same county as the town pd...

the PD pays about 6k more per year...

My question for you all is... Is this going to hurt my credibility if I jump to the PD for a chance to better myself in the long run?

Yeh, going from a reserve deputy to most likely a fulltime police position is going to hurt you.
              IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5613 users online. 334 members and 5279 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X