300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Some Advice

Hey everyone I just had a question for you all and need some advice. I got two conditional offers of employment from two different departments. MCSD starts special deputy academy in September and IPSPD goes to the next ILEA (which I believe is in January, not sure). I'm sure that MCSD is going to offer full employment first. So if I start MCSD's academy and during it IPSPD hires me, would it screw up my employment with IPSPD or look bad? IPSPD is the department I want more so I don't want to do anything that would mess up my employment with them. Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Personally, if you have a conditional offer from the dept. of your choice, why screw around with the other one? Especially if it will keep that spot from someone who may really want that one. I'd go with whichever one is going to get you certified first, and going through a special deputy academy isn't going to help you get on the road with any other department. Just my .02.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Yeah, what Towncop said....
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      In Memory of Staff Sgt. Matt Kimmell
      United States Army
      5th Special Forces Group
      Former Deputy Sheriff, Vanderburgh County
      Killed in Iraq October 11, 2005
      Sometimes I wonder, who you'd be today!!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.tryfreemasonry.org

Real men wear aprons..

Comment

Goodpoint there towncop, I agree with you. I'd take the one you mostly want, which IPSPD is what eternallc perfers than I would take that and pass on the other, because Marion County deputy school wont get you on anywhere else but in Marion County. Getting the ILEA is what needs to happen here and IPSPD can offer that..my .02 worth

Comment

Post deleted.
          Last edited by IndySoldier1983; 06-29-2009, 12:43 PM.

Comment

As always I knew I could count on towncop and everyone to give me great advice. Thanks a lot everyone I think I know the right choice to make now.

Comment

Does anyone know when the next ILEA course starts? Is it January?

Comment

It looks like they have a class every 17 wks. Class 173 ends on Aug 22nd. Class 174 should end on the 15th of Dec. So that SHOULD put the next one on December 29th. That should give you a general idea.
                Admit nothing, Deny everything, Demand proof, and Make counter-accusations!

Comment

Hope this helps.
                  Last edited by jonesm099; 08-16-2008, 02:09 PM. Reason: Duplicate
                  Admit nothing, Deny everything, Demand proof, and Make counter-accusations!

Comment

Originally posted by jonesm099 View Post
                    Hope this helps.
                    Great, thanks for the info!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3278 users online. 152 members and 3126 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X