300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about a light

I've seen an Indy Metro car with a light behind the grill. It's a LED that runs back and forth in a Knight Rider Fashion. It's red and blue. It's a thin little light but it's about 24 inches long. It's on a newer Metro crown vic. Anyone know who makes it or where I can find one??
    Sometimes there's justice! Sometimes there is just US!

My sister is a volunteer EMT. The light she has in her durango has a light pattern like Knight Rider. So most likely the car you've seen just has that pattern selected.

Comment

Originally posted by miller76 View Post
      I've seen an Indy Metro car with a light behind the grill. It's a LED that runs back and forth in a Knight Rider Fashion. It's red and blue. It's a thin little light but it's about 24 inches long. It's on a newer Metro crown vic. Anyone know who makes it or where I can find one??
      That's a 911EP light, I'll find out what the model # is tomorrow when I go to work. That particular officer is detailed down at the shop right now. He's also got a very nice addition to the car that no other metro car has. Where did you see this officer at with his lights on? Didn't think he actually did police work LOL
      Last edited by Munky; 08-14-2008, 05:24 PM. Reason: added a question

Comment

Probably 911EP LS12

Comment

Yeah, it's a neat light. Has a few cool patterns that can be selected. Also miller, was this car one with a slim lightbar on the roof with red and blue lense covers? I'm pretty sure this officer is the only one with lights in the grille like this, but I could be wrong. There are quite a few officers out there.

Comment

Munky-I wonder who you are talking about because I know someone that has a car that matches that description. If it is the person I'm thinking of, it would be his second grey car. I don't know what the extra edition would be though.

Comment

I'm not sure what car he had before his 07, all I know is he's former IPD. I think this is his first grey car, though. Anywho, I'll check with him tomorrow to see what the model # is on that light for those interested.

Comment

I seen it on a traffic stop down town. I don't remember what the light bar looked like. I didn't want to sound like a tool. I'm not a light junky but that one is awesome. It was a real eye catcher. Thanks for the info guys.
                Sometimes there's justice! Sometimes there is just US!

Comment

There are apparently (at least) two of them out there...both on grey IMPD cars with LED overhead lightbars.

Comment

Originally posted by indy256 View Post
                    There are apparently (at least) two of them out there...both on grey IMPD cars with LED overhead lightbars.
                    Yup both are 07's. One has a Code3 LED bar and the other has a Whelen LED bar. Both have the older 911EP 36" light sticks behind their grill. How I know? Cause I sold the the lights from my car and a friend's car. Its a small world. It looks neat but I never had mine outside in the elements.

Comment

Interesting.. didnt know the 36" would fit behind a grille! :P

Are they weatherized?

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog28 View Post
                        Interesting.. didnt know the 36" would fit behind a grille! :P

Are they weatherized?
                        Yeah, they are but I'd cry if I crashed and they were destroyed.

Comment

Yeah the one with the CODE3 LED lightbar is the one at the shop right now. If this one was seen downtown, it may have been the CODE3 officer, as he's on downtown when he's not detailed at the shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Munky View Post
                            Yeah the one with the CODE3 LED lightbar is the one at the shop right now. If this one was seen downtown, it may have been the CODE3 officer, as he's on downtown when he's not detailed at the shop.
                            When is he not detailed to the garage?

Comment

Not too sure, I think he likes working at the garage a lot. He does go downtown quite a bit though with friends, so I'm sure while he's down there, even off duty, he'll do some police work if he needs to.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5303 users online. 280 members and 5023 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X