300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MorseAve1134 View Post
    Make sure you hit up Leeroys for the best tips in Chicago/the world. 79th and Stony, during the day and on the north side of 79th east of stony. Of course have your Chicago tour guides with you as well.
    I'm searching for a good BBQ sauce. How is theirs?

Comment

Their sauce is the best, idk if they sell it in containers though. Their spicy sauce is the best, not too spicy but tangy enough to be unique. Go and ask if they sell it separately and let us know.

Comment

Lou Malnatis Pizza is chicagos finest pizza, but the city has been rated as having the finest food in the country.

Shopping can be done on Michigan Avenue, or New Maxwell Street Market on the near west side.

The weather in September can be between 14C and 21C depending on the day. Someone else said bring a light jacket... I'd also pack a sweater just in case you get cold.

If you get homesick there is a nieghborhood called Lincoln Square that has German food.

Comment

Originally posted by FRNZX View Post
          Oh, I almost forgot... You should def. check out the WEINER CIRCLE for hot dogs on North Clark. Going late night is a must and they are SUPER friendly! Also, go to the Greenmill on Lawrence and Broadway. It's my favorite j*** bar.
          I used to go to the Green Mill all the time when I lived in Uptown...good sounds.

Comment

For good BBQ sauce I would consider HONEY 1 at 2251 N Western Ave. Not my favorite ribs, but good sauce.

Comment

Oh my god, so much good food... I think i come with the double weight home.

For 2 weeks (during the programm) I stay by a policeoffcer´s home. Maybe I want to stay 3-4 days longer. Could you tell me a good (cheap) Hotel/Motel?
              www.STAR-IPE.com
              International Police Exchange: USA - Germany - Spain - Switzerland

Comment

While You're In Chicago, Make Sure You EAT

1. Lou Malnati's Deep Dish Pizza. The best pizza I ever had. Get it with sausage, mushroom, onion, and butter crust. The extra .75 cents for the butter crust is what separates Lou Malnati's from Uno's, Gino's East, and everywhere else. Truly remarkable pizza that you just can't have anywhere else in America, or the world for that matter. Pizzeria Uno's was the first deep dish pizza joint; but, Rudy Malnati ( Lou's Father ) developed the original recipe, and managed Pizzeria Uno's, until the Malnati's broke off and went on their own.

2. Pizano's Pizza ( downtown locations ). The best chicago style thin crust ( butter crust ) pizza cut into squares. If you can make it to the South Side, then try Vito and Nicks at 85th/PULASKI. Good stuff.

3. Portillo's ( downtown )for Italian Beef or chicago style hot dogs. Get the beef "extra dipped," with hot peppers. Or if you're in Elmwood Park, go to Johnnie's for the Italian Beef (extra dipped with sweet peppers here) and Italian Ice ( lemon ). My personal favorite hot dog would be Gene and Jude's in River Grove. I'm not alone in this opinion. They're in the Vienna Beef Hall of Fame for their legendary chicago style hot dogs.

There's nothing like eating chicago style food. If I lived anywhere else in the world my cholesterol would definitely be a lot lower.

Be Safe and Have A Great Trip,

cpd007

Comment

Thank you all. I will eat the pizza.

But does anyone have an idea for an Hotel?
                  www.STAR-IPE.com

Comment

I would either suggest the Hilton downtown or http://www.rainbowpinkpalace.com/ <--that is American humor

You should also try Harolds Chicken, Pacos Tacos, Gene and Judes Hotdogs
                    Last edited by Jail Guard7160; 08-09-2008, 03:15 PM. Reason: Everyone is doing it

Comment

American humor? I think it´s a little bit crazy...
                      www.STAR-IPE.com

Comment

Try this http://ww2.aaa.com/scripts/WebObject...cnxIDh0/0.13.5

Depending on were you want to stay: downtown, suburbs you can get an idea of the nicer hotels. IMO stay away from anythin under 4 stars
                        -------------------------------------------------

They don't care how much you know, until they
                        know how much you care.

Comment

So, next week I´ll arrive Chicago.

Maybe someone knows a good Paintballshop?
                          www.STAR-IPE.com

Comment

Hi,
                            on friday I will arrive Chicago. What weather is outside? Rain? Sun? Maybe for the next two weeks?

And another question for payments. Is it possible to pay with an EC-Card (maestro)? In shops or get money in banks.
                            Or only Visa/AmEx and cash?

The Problem is, that my Visa-Card get cloned in Italy and the f***g gypsys have rob my whole money. So I have cut off the card.
                            And the new one will send in two weeks, while I stay in Chicago...
                            www.STAR-IPE.com

Comment

F*cking Gypsies.

Dunno what to tell you about payments, I personally have never heard of "EC-Card (maestro)", so you night be out of luck.

In regards to the weather, the forecast currently says a high around 70 (Farenheit) and a chance of rain every day over the weekend, but Chicago weather is famously unpredictable, so be ready for anything.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

So, I´m back in germany. And I miss Chicago.
                                I have had a great time. Thank you all for your ideas.

But I want to let you know what was my best experience. It wa allowed for us, to participate at the Memorial Days an wear our uniforms. For me an german officer was it a honor to be there.
                                That was the impressive event I have ever had! I will never forget.

And now I have to read, that an officer get shot... God bless him!
                                www.STAR-IPE.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9467 users online. 271 members and 9196 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X