300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverdale/Saulk Village Test This Saturday

Who's gonna be there? I turned in my application about 3 days before the deadline. I think there were about 120 applicants. I think we caught a break because Flossmoor is testing on the same day.

70% gets you an appointment for the POWER test later that day. Sounds quite easy. What do you guys think?

By the way, I'm happy Riverdale doesn't have a residency requirement. I wouldn't want to live in that **** hole.
    Last edited by StephDakel; 09-15-2008, 06:26 PM.
    Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

I also turned in my app for Riverdale/sauk village test. You forgot to mention that Flossmoor, Aurora, and Lake County Indiana are all testing on the same date so who knows who is going to test where. A positive note for both Sauk and Riverdale are that neither have residency requirements. Either way, see you there.
    "It's a whole lot better to go up the river with seven studs than a hundred ****heads."
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Comment

I just turned my appliaction in this past friday. I am looking foward to the test.

Comment

I just got back from the test. I passed both the written and physical. I was surprised how many people didn't make it. In all it was about 80 people who showed up, only 25-30 people made it through the entire process.

Anybody else pass?

Comment

My buddy & I are already certified, so hopefully both agencies will be setting up interviews very soon. I hope those 250 applicants had fun at the Flossmoor exam.... they might hire 2 people TOTAL in 2 years!

Comment

Originally posted by RJSPPO View Post
            My buddy & I are already certified, so hopefully both agencies will be setting up interviews very soon. I hope those 250 applicants had fun at the Flossmoor exam.... they might hire 2 people TOTAL in 2 years!
            I think we got lucky, Riverdale's Cheif told us there are 4 open slots, and more to come in Jan. Sauk Village's Cheif told us 1 slot now, and maybe another at the end of the year right?
            Last edited by StephDakel; 08-10-2008, 03:55 PM. Reason: I'm a bonehead

Comment

Originally posted by RJSPPO View Post
              Actually we had the same situation in Flossmoor. Not too many people failed the physical test but I'd say only about 50 or maybe even less even made it to the written exam. You are right though the chief said they actually are just making an eligibility list because 1 or maybe 2 guys will retire within the next 1 1/2.

Comment

Dan25 how hard was the written? Scale 1-10.

Were you guys given a study guide?

Comment

Written exam was not bad. It was the POST exam. You know 20 basic math questions in 20 min, 20 reading questions about a paragraph in 25 min, 20 grammar/spelling question in 20 min, and a simple report writing section where you basically just need to answer questions in complete sentences about an arrest report. It is really an easy test but I suck at doing math fast so im just hoping I passed that section because I failed the same test ffor Will Co. Other than that I know I scored between 88-100% in all of the other sections the last time I took it so I guess the overall rating I would give it in terms of difficulty is probably a 2(would be a 1 if I could do math a little faster). Oh yeah and no study guide but you really don't need one.

The annoying thing about this test was they gave you a sheet of scratch paper for the math but it was attached to the test book and they would not let you tear it out. They told us only to use the scratch paper to do our work but I didn't want to waste time flipping pages back and forth so I just wrote on the test anyway. When I was done I erased it as best as I could. Hopefully that doesn't mess up the scan tron, but I just felt it would be a waste of time to keep flipping back and forth. Alright my fingers hurt from typing this long *** answer

Comment

Anyone get any letters yet from Sauk or Riverdale in regards to an eligibility list? Just sitting here waiting.
                    "It's a whole lot better to go up the river with seven studs than a hundred ****heads."
                    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Comment

Nope.......neither me, or my friend have heard anything from either department.

For the record; the letters will be in relation to the oral board interview, not a composit of an eligibility list.

Comment

Well, it's been a month since I last posted. I got a certified letter for an interview with Sauk Village on the 27th.

I've spoken to a couple of you who will be there also.

Has anyone heard anything from Riverdale?! I'm way more excited to work there than Sauk Village for personal reasons.

Comment

Riverdale/Sauk Village

What did everyone think of the interview last Saturday w/ Sauk Village? Has anyone heard when Riverdale will be conducting their interview??

Comment

As far as Sauk Village is concerned I thought the video taping during the interview was weird, but overall I think I did good. The 3 guys commishioners pleased with my answered.

Riverdale sent me a letter for an interview last week. I'm very exciting, because I hear they're hiring 5. 5 out of 20 isn't bad.
                            Last edited by StephDakel; 09-29-2008, 10:03 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Riverdale/Sauk Village

Yeah I agree the video camera during the interview was kinda weird...I think I did pretty good as well, I guess we will see! They said they had one immediate opening, and possibly a second. Just got my interview date with Riverdale, so I am really looking forward to that... GOODLUCK!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5364 users online. 320 members and 5044 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X