300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Calumet City and Lansing Police

I already know that they had already tested early this year. Does anybody know if they had established a list or were they just hiring. I could not test with them because I didn't have my 60 credit hours, but I just recieved it this past summer. Also any information on Country Club Hills, and Evergreen park. Thank you everybody.

Cal City was hiring 2. I think about 110 people or so showed up. The list came out in March or April, I think.

Comment

lansing is still going through the list right now to get more people off to academy in sept and october. theyll be done with their list probably by the end of the year bc they go through them fast. have to live in town though within a year.

Comment

Evergreen Park just tested this past June...

Comment

Evergreen Park is hiring five or so from the newly acquired list. Since they didn't make their quota yet it is 3 blacks and 2 women at the top. Straight from the mouth of the mayor.

Comment

oh and my bro in law works at lansing and i know the head detective there. its a good dep't with good pay with a lot of backup right behind you. you have to live in town though. other than that, you get a lot of action for a suburb but its better in terms of not getting shot like cal city. haha. but its still got its problems. youll be chasing after guys a lot and getting in some fights. they test a lot bc they go through their list fast bc a lot are idiots who are on the list or they dont want to live in town

Comment

Thank you for your replys.

Comment

be careful dept’s IA monitor this site
                Last edited by scotsmen; 11-01-2008, 09:18 AM.
                The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any LE agency, other person or entity.

Comment

well said scotsman. even though all the troubles are only going to get worse, i heard that lansing has great backup and they just started a swat team for serious drug busts and warrants. they are very well trained and are prepared for the action that chicago has unfortunately given them. the gang thing they are lacking behind i think bc they dont have the personel in there to know how to handle it as well as lets say a chicago detective that has been dealing with it his whole career and also learn from others before him. lansing is still a decent job and better than cal city and harvey by far in terms of crime. weird how you go to the bordering towns and they are crime free. gotta love section 8!!!

Comment

oh and they did find like 5 million on a fluke bust at a motel of a van carrying drugs and were staying the night as they were passing through. got them up to date equipment and such though. thanks drug dealers! i bet that guy that got gave up that money and drugs is not around anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by MorseAve1134 View Post
                      Evergreen Park is hiring five or so from the newly acquired list. Since they didn't make their quota yet it is 3 blacks and 2 women at the top. Straight from the mouth of the mayor.
                      do you know how that list is moving along? i read that they will have their 5 to go to the cook co. academy by october. i ranked in the 20s so its looking like a long shot unless a lot of people mess up on the psyc

Comment

i was #11 and i passed it up for an orland park job. my buddies are 12 and 13 and they finished all their tests and are waiting on an answer. there will be 1 or 2 more spots available if they get it. trust me though, youd be surpised on how fast they go through the list. they got 1 out of the first 10 plus the cops on the list. thats it! so you might still have a chance for the october academy where they are sending 3 i think last i heard. depends on the quality of people b/w 14- and you. but in my opinion and the guys i know doing the hiring process, they dont find really good guys a lot of the time. this is for lansing by the way...

Comment

oh yeah sorry i was talking about EP

Comment

I got a lot of family in EP and they work for the city, supposedly they are hiring 3 blacks and two women IF they pass the tests. If not, then they will either jump to other minorities or start looking at the other candidates. Cross your fingers but don't hold your breath. I do suggest testing with them again though, great place to work and live.

Comment

Originally posted by MorseAve1134 View Post
                              I got a lot of family in EP and they work for the city, supposedly they are hiring 3 blacks and two women IF they pass the tests. If not, then they will either jump to other minorities or start looking at the other candidates. Cross your fingers but don't hold your breath. I do suggest testing with them again though, great place to work and live.
                              Part of EP is very nice, the other part of it is getting worse and worse every year. The area between 87th and 95th /Western to Pulaski is getting really shadey.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3143 users online. 181 members and 2962 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X