Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my power test is scheduled for august 20th with metro. havent heard otherwise still. anyone know if metros are included in this or is this just a rumor in the first place?

Comment

Purdue, the metro class is completely seperate, so I would think that you should be ok. Unless you have heard otherwise from your department I wouldnt worry about anything.

Comment

thanks archer. dont know how that all works. havent heard anything otherwise and its less than 3 wks away. im sure its not since metro departments are paying for it through their cities and not from chicagos taxes or federal.

Comment

The longest I can remember the city going without hiring was from about mid 1983 until the beginning of 1985. In fact, when I was in the Metro Class, we were the only people in the Academy. 'Lil Richie says we're 400M in the hole, so expect this garbage. It won't effect the Metro Classes. They are paid by their own PD's. PD's pay for the training, then are reimbursed by the state. There are also more than a few fed programs that fund P/O's, but that ain't the reason for the freeze. BTW, MT will say whatever he was told to say to the press concerning this.

Comment

My guess is after the contract is settled, the $400 million hole in the budget will magically disappear and maybe if we are lucky the hiring process will start up again...I find it amusing that the city is so short, but Daley wont release the "official budget" until sometime in september, when it was supposed to be released July 31. I just hope no one on CPD gets seriously hurt or worse because the useless politicians in this city refuse to hire more police.

Anyway the King does whatever he wants, all we can do is hope for the best!
            Last edited by archercapt32; 08-05-2008, 11:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Damn Oh well, been waiting since June of 06', more time to perfect my sit-ups!

Comment

Originally posted by SIG220 View Post
                Recruit training is federal money buddy
                Oh... you sound like you know what you are talking about. All these hiring freezes come when there is a Chicago budget problem. Must just be a coincidence.

Comment

I dont want to be rude, but can some one be more specific or informative about possible canceled classes, rather than discussing where the money comes from...I and others waiting for this job could not care less where the money is funded from. I think that hiring freezes do not apply to emergency personnel (please correct me if I am wrong)...And if the rumor of canceled classes is true, what justified it???
                  Last edited by CATM; 08-07-2008, 07:51 AM.

Comment

I couldn't agree more CATM!!! I've ecilpsed the two year mark, and want to know more about the canceled classes?
                    "I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed."

Michael Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by nash1518 View Post
                      Oh... you sound like you know what you are talking about. All these hiring freezes come when there is a Chicago budget problem. Must just be a coincidence.
                      Oh....I never said I knew what I was talking about. That quote was coming from the horses mouth. Stay behind the desk.

Comment

Originally posted by SIG220 View Post
                        Oh....I never said I knew what I was talking about. That quote was coming from the horses mouth. Stay behind the desk.
                        Stay behind the desk???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5377 users online. 330 members and 5047 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X