300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Park Forest PD

Anyone with any 43 about Park Forest PD? $$, call volume, morale...
    Thanks ahead!

Decent dept no major issues almost 30,000 residents. Money is good, they work on a radio network with Matteson, Richton Park, Olympis Fields, which surround them on the North and west sides. They have Chicago Heights and the Forest Preserves to the East and University Park to the South. They are in both Cook and Will County. They also have one of the funkiest rank structures around...Ofc/Detective, Corporal, Commander, Dep Chf, and Chief. There are certainly worse departments.
    You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

When I was working as a PI, there were only two places where the hair on the back of my neck stood up. One was in Altgeld Gardens and the other was in Park Forest in the neighborhood northeast of Western and 26th.

I think PF is a very nice place. $54k is pretty good!

Didn't they hire a bunch of guys a year or two ago? I kick myself for not applying because I was set on CPD. This Nov., I will have waited 2 years for CPD. That and I grew up in PF.

Comment

Originally posted by Illinois Edmond View Post
        When I was working as a PI, there were only two places where the hair on the back of my neck stood up. One was in Altgeld Gardens and the other was in Park Forest in the neighborhood northeast of Western and 26th.
        That would be in "da heights".....alligator gardens was also a fun place to be

Comment

It was right next to CH. It's the area by Allegheny, Apache, etc...

You remember the plaza where Dominicks used to be? It's all empty now except for a currency exchange and a dollar store. Despite every business there going out of business, the Chinese restaurant always prospered. They moved a little north on Western a few years ago but I was always amazed that a Chinese restaurant could survive when everything else, even the Taco Bell, went out of business.

Comment

It was right next to CH. It's the area by Allegheny, Apache, etc...

You remember the plaza where Dominicks used to be? It's all empty now except for a currency exchange and a dollar store. Despite every business there going out of business, the Chinese restaurant always prospered. They moved a little north on Western a few years ago but I was always amazed that a Chinese restaurant could survive when everything else, even the Taco Bell, went out of business.
            That neighborhood is called "eastgate" and it is a tough little patch of real estate.

Comment

I think I remember now....was that where the popeyes was....I think it was called norwood plaza.

Comment

how is the dept ran? any issues with administration vs. patrol? looks like they pay well, wonder how they get so much for their troops when all the tax base seems like its drying up!

Comment

I always thought of Park Forest as a strange town. I mean it was a planned community in the 50's and now it's just like a big subdivison with a new downtown. Anyone remember "The Centre?" Western Ave. is still lined with The Co-ops which keep the PFPD busy. However, PF is also expanding with some nice new subdivisons. Don't know too much about the PD itself.

Comment

Originally posted by cubsfan07 View Post
                    I always thought of Park Forest as a strange town.
                    It is strange how the layout is. You can be in a very nice co-op area on Elm, go down to Fir and it's a totally different co-op atmosphere. In one area, you've got co-ops that have flowers, green grass, etc. and cross the street to see dilapidated co-ops.

The difference is just about as staggering as Pulaski north of Ogden and south of Ogden. When you cross over, you know it's a different neighborhood.

Comment

I applied to their last test a little over a year ago. I passed the test, yet I failed the oral. I really didn't understand why because I thought I did very well. After the interview one of the Chiefs followed me outside the room and told me I did a great job, he also told me the only issue I had against me was my age. I was 20 at the time.

Oh well, I'll reapply for their next test.
                      Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

It is strange how the layout is. You can be in a very nice co-op area on Elm, go down to Fir and it's a totally different co-op atmosphere. In one area, you've got co-ops that have flowers, green grass, etc. and cross the street to see dilapidated co-ops.

The difference is just about as staggering as Pulaski north of Ogden and south of Ogden. When you cross over, you know it's a different neighborhood.
                        The dilapidated "coops" you speak of are not coops, they are rental townhomes that are run by slum lords - huge difference. The coops won't even allow you to buy a home there if you have a criminal record and will force you out of your home if anyone in the household commits a crime, but rental units are another story. The coops are well taken care of and the police don't have a problem with them. The problems the police encounter come from single family homes throughout the town that are rented out and those rental townhomes.
                        Last edited by fort2008; 08-08-2008, 12:04 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6815 users online. 367 members and 6448 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X