300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DuPage Corrections

I understand this is a sworn position, and deputies can carry off-duty, right? What can be expected of the corrections academy as far as PT and subject matter? What equipment are they issued?

I did a search but I am interested to hear from people especially from DuPage.

Thanks.

I did my PTI in DuPage. Had a few of their officers in my class as well. It seems like a pretty good county to work for from what I can tell. I was told that the Sheriff (Zaruba I think it is) there backs his guys pretty well.

Their staff is fully sworn, as in full peace officer powers, CCW the whole nine. They are considered "Deputies" not "CO's" (by the county anyways), nothing on any of their uniforms or badges says corrections. As of when I went through PTI you had to serve time in the jails before being put onto the road. I dont know if that has changed but thats how it was.

All of their uniforms are issued and they are issued I believe a Glock 19. Thats what I was issued by them in order to complete the Range section of PTI, and they said that is what they issue their deputies.

As far as PTI for CO's and their PT........ trust me it is NOTHING to worry about. If you can walk and jog for more then 20 seconds without getting winded youll be fine. They dont have a "PT" per say, its kind of incorperated with their defensive tactics. That was from 3 years ago, i dunno if things have changed but i doubt it.

It seemed to me like it was a good county to work for, hell if I could get on DuPage, I might even go back into corrections.

Comment

Everyone working at DuPage County is considered a deputy and is fully sworn at this time. DuPage County Deputies are currently the lowest paid law enforcement in the county topping out at $59,000 in 11 years. Everyone starts in the jail and it typically takes 3-5 years to be assigned to patrol if that's what you want. All uniforms and leather gear are supplied upon hire but you have to supply your firearm which must be a Glock 22 or 23. If you are considering a career in law enforcement it is a decent place to start but I'd suggest testing elsewhere even if you are hired. Currently DuPage County is so short on deputies that if you successfully pass all parts of the testing process you will be hired. As for the academy, it is a no brainer and there is almost zero PT.

Comment

Originally posted by flydream777 View Post
        I understand this is a sworn position, and deputies can carry off-duty, right? What can be expected of the corrections academy as far as PT and subject matter? What equipment are they issued?

I did a search but I am interested to hear from people especially from DuPage.

Thanks.
        Please tell me you are not leaving our department to go to Dupage County Corrections?

Comment

Originally posted by pnwcopper
          Please tell me you are not leaving our department to go to Dupage County Corrections?
          No, I'm not

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4691 users online. 243 members and 4448 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X