300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this sucks

Im a Aug. 06 tester and i just got the devastating news that i will not continue the cpd hiring process due to failing the psych. interview. Is there any way around this can i retake it?

Do you know why or suspect why? Were you in the military?

Comment

Sorry for the bad news, I know how you feel! Good news is that hopefully another test will be coming up soon, so you can retake it then. It's really unfortunate since that test that is so subjective, yet it is the only part of the process that is beyond your control. All you can do is be honest and hope for the best!

Comment

Originally posted by hro62 View Post
        Im a Aug. 06 tester and i just got the devastating news that i will not continue the cpd hiring process due to failing the psych. interview. Is there any way around this can i retake it?
        Welcome to the club! Well hopefully the next exam will be this November since rumor has it that the ball is rolling on another exam.
        ~Delta

Comment

In most instances you can appeal the failure by seeing your own Doc in the box. He'll interview you after getting the other Doc's report on you and refute what the other Doc said, as long as you are not nuts of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbcat View Post
            Do you know why or suspect why? Were you in the military?
            no i was not in the military.... i dont suspect why...I passed everything else it just sucks that i waited 2.5 years and a 20 min interview decides if your suitable for the position. Dont want to sound like a sour puss i just continue to pursue other departments and hold my head up im only 23 years old.

Comment

When you say you passed everything else do you mean everything including your BI

Comment

There is no appeal process for the psych. All you can do is learn from it and retest. I know it sucks, but there's nothing you can do. I personally know some people that worked there and KNOW of some unethical crap going on. I can't wait til CPD changes vendors. They keep losing well-qualified people.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, who notifies you? your BI or through mail?
                  I'm an august tester and haven't received anything yet.

Comment

CPD will notify with a letter in the mail if you fail the pysch...FRNZX have heard several rumors about unethical things going on with the Psych exam as well...its really a shame!

Comment

Could you guys give examples of the unethical things? I failed the Chicago psych too by the way. I had some young kid interviewing me that must have just gotten his psych degree. He talked to me for maybe 15 minutes. I've passed two other psych tests with different companies. They were much longer and much more in depth.

Comment

I was told I was color-blind and I am a Navy diver! The cards they use are outdated and the military has found them to be unfair(Ishari cards w/the numbers). So they are sending me to a eye doctor, and who knows what will come of that.

Comment

Sorry about your bad news! I know how you feel! I've failed the Chicago written exam twice! No clue why...blew threw college with a 4.0 g.p.a. and never failed any other P.D. entrance exam. Believe me, I was devestated too! Mostly because CPD waits soooo long to give another exam.

So, as Delta said...welcome to the re-test club! Keep your head up and most importantly...apply elsewhere while you're waiting for CPD to give another exam unless your heart is set on CPD!

Comment

Originally posted by FRNZX View Post
                            There is no appeal process for the psych. All you can do is learn from it and retest. I know it sucks, but there's nothing you can do. I personally know some people that worked there and KNOW of some unethical crap going on. I can't wait til CPD changes vendors. They keep losing well-qualified people.
                            Any idea of when the contract is up with the current vendor that the CPD has?
                            ~Delta

Comment

Yeah, like that little red headed shmuck writing reports PRIOR to being a Dr. (which is required in the state of IL.). I wish there were something that could be done. It's really unfair how they can play with people's lives depending on the mood they're in. I personally know that I passed (comfirmed) the test with the highest score possible and was denied over a SMALL personal judgment. NOT FAIR or ETHICAL! CPD really needs to rethink them, but I guess money talks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9409 users online. 533 members and 8876 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X