300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aurora or Flossmoor Test

Aurora and Flossmoor's Testing dates both overlap on AUG 9 and wanted to test with them both. Any insight on which place to test for simply based on a the fact of getting hired the fasted or easiest.

I read the Aurora post and saw that their just creating a list. Does any one know how many Flossmoor is hiring and how are the 2 departments to work for?

Which one should I test for in general?
    Last edited by bigshawnie; 07-22-2008, 10:07 PM.

I believe that Aurora did a mass hiring last year or the year before. Yes, they are putting a list together so I would think that with them doing so much recent hiring, the list they're creating with this test may expire unless they have a bunch of guys retire or leave for whatever reason. But I wouldn't count on that.

I personally do not test for depts. that just put lists together. It's just too unpredictable for me.

Flossmoor is a great area.

Comment

In Aurora we actually are going to have some retirements at the end of this year and some of the recruits are not making it. We just had some more spots open up due to recruits leaving recently. To work for it is one of the best departments around. The command staff really stands behind the officers. They give us a lot of freedom and stay off of our backs. The only negative is you have to purchase all you own gear, but we did just get tasers issued to us.

Comment

Originally posted by pnwcopper View Post
        In Aurora we actually are going to have some retirements at the end of this year and some of the recruits are not making it. We just had some more spots open up due to recruits leaving recently. To work for it is one of the best departments around. The command staff really stands behind the officers. They give us a lot of freedom and stay off of our backs. The only negative is you have to purchase all you own gear, but we did just get tasers issued to us.
        Can you go into more detail as to why the recruits are not making it?

Comment

I dont have any insight on Flossmoor as far as how many they are hiring but I can tell you if you are looking for a place to get your foot in the door your probably better off in Flossmoor. APD is a great department however they did do some massive hiring off of their last list. They are now hiring for retirements and recruits who dont make the program. Plus they did not cap the amount of apps they handed out this time so there will be hundreds if not a thousand people at their test.

I dont work for APD but my buddy told me a lot of recuits fail because of officer presence/ ofc safety issues and geography. I know a while ago someone failed the program because they could not qualify with their weapon to APD's standards. I also think they recently lost a recuit because of report writing issues.

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by RDM1Y View Post
            Can you go into more detail as to why the recruits are not making it?
            I just recently had 5 or 6 recruits from Aurora graduate with me....

I believe he means in the FTO program, the FTO program I heard in Aurora boots out quite a bit of officers.

Comment

there will not be a thousand people at the test. there was only like 300 people last time. the fto program is a challenge and thats where recruits have a hard time. the town is huge, has a ton of streets, and is busy busy busy. if you want to do some real police work and get paid well to do it then go to A-town. great place to work for. There is a lot of oppurtunity to get into other divisions and move up in ranks. a lot easier to get involved in some cool **** in A town than just about any other department. I don't know anything of Flossmor however.

Comment

A few years ago APD handed out 250 apps. This last time they capped it at 500. Now there is not cap so there might not be 1000 exactly but there will easily be 500 considering they handed out 500 the last time. However they are definitely the place to work for if you get in.

Comment

Flossmoor is a slow, small Dept., only has about 20 on it. Don't see them hiring more than 1-2, if that. PM if you want more info on Flossmoor..Aurora is a large, still growing town. I see them easily hiring more off a list than Flossmoor has on the whole PD.
                  Last edited by ChiTownDet; 07-24-2008, 04:38 PM.

Comment

20 people are you kidding? the lady at the desk told me last week that they already had 180 apps in and they have until today to get them in still. So were looking at about 200+ candidates trying to fill 1-2 spots for flossmoor?! this is going to be like winning the lottery. maybe I ought to get started on that Aurora application

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4873 users online. 258 members and 4615 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X