Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Park Ridge Test this Saturday ?????

What type of test is the written?
    Can anybody give me any insite as to how they test?

I tested with them last time. They did the physical first. Then you had a couple of hours to come back and do the written. I don't remember the company of the written test but it was fairly easy and fast. That's how it was last time at least. I'm not testing this time.

Comment

how come your not testing with them again?

Does anyone know whats the department like and how many their hiring?

I got the email today about the test on sat but I am downstate right now, and would have to drive 3 hours for the test and am considering if its worth it or not.

Comment

They interviewed me and I never heard from them. I've tested with a few other northern suburbs and never got hired. Now I'm thinking that I can't really get hired in the northern suburbs. I don't think their hiring boards like my record. They seem like a good department from the officers I met. They ran the test very smoothly, and were nice in the interview. Other officers on here told me good things. They're just hard to get on because they only hire a couple people at a time. If you have a clean record and good experience maybe you could get on. You won't know unless you test. I can at least tell you that their testing process is pretty painless. Like I said, they ran it very smoothly, no messing around or anything. So maybe it would be worth it for you.

Comment

johnyblade, did you take the test around the end of 05? that's when i tested with them. i remember a couple hundred showing up to the orientation and about 150 on test day at the high school. the written test was first and i think they might have graded it right there. then the power test, which a lot of people failed. there wasnt that many people left at the end of the day. they said we would be notified in the near future about our interviews. i waited months before i contacted them to hear that i had to wait longer.
          i finally received the date to interview on the same day as my final power test with chicago. i went with chicago as it was for an actual position and not a list. id still recommend trying with them at the least. i live on the south side but i go up there all the time for family. its a great town and seems like a nice place to work.

Comment

No, I tested at the end of 2006.

Comment

Thank you for participating in the testing process for the position of Patrol Officer for the City of Park Ridge.

Congratulations! The score you received on the written test portion of this process was sufficient to meet the criteria established. Your status will be effective for up to two years. There is no rank order for eligibility. The preliminary eligibility list is alphabetical. You may view the eligibility list on the Park Ridge Police department website at www.parkridgepolice.org

You may be contacted to participate in an interview and should therefore keep the Human Resources Department advised of any changes to your personal information so that contact can be made without delay.

"I can't find the elgibility list on their website, can anyone find it "

Comment

Top of the page under the Park Ridge Police text

Comment

I'm really mad at myself for missing this test. I woke up that morning sick (runs.) Did you find the written to be easy? How many people showed up?

Comment

Originally posted by Porkchop View Post
                    I'm really mad at myself for missing this test. I woke up that morning sick (runs.) Did you find the written to be easy? How many people showed up?
                    written test was very easy,but people were dropping like flys on the physical test, about 300 people showed up and I counted 166 made it on the pre elgibility list. they said they are hiring 3 for sure and up to 5

Comment

Originally posted by bigshawnie View Post
                      written test was very easy,but people were dropping like flys on the physical test, about 300 people showed up and I counted 166 made it on the pre elgibility list. they said they are hiring 3 for sure and up to 5
                      Wow, now I'm really disappointed that I missed it

I know I would have passed the physical for sure. I didn't know they were hiring that many. I haven't heard anything particular about that department, but I've heard it's a good one and a great town. Well, there is always next time...

Oh, and whoever made the list and is reading this, GOOD LUCK!!!
                      Last edited by Porkchop; 08-05-2008, 04:10 PM. Reason: Adding something

Comment

I made the list, all I'm doing now is waiting for them to call me for an interview.
                        sigpic
                        Train hard,fight easy!
                        "OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM" 2004-2005

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4490 users online. 230 members and 4260 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X