300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cpd & Isp

Post your thoughts and ideas on how you feel the joint effort of both agencies working together would be most effective.
    YES
    29.03%
    NO
    70.97%

We would need about 500 ISP assigned in 2 man cars to make any sort of difference. These Troopers are going to come from where? Isn't going to happen, no joint ISP-CPD patrols or investigations. Just a bunch of political posturing...

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
      We would need about 500 ISP assigned in 2 man cars to make any sort of difference. These Troopers are going to come from where? Isn't going to happen, no joint ISP-CPD patrols or investigations. Just a bunch of political posturing...
      I totally agree as well. Second City Blog seconds that as well
      ~Delta

Comment

Itll help a little wont it? I mean add a little water to the fire helps put it out...(or makes it bigger...X_X!)
        Cant wait to get out there!!!

Richard Francis 1948 - 2008
        Killed in the line of duty.

Comment

The murder rate in Chicago is no higher than it usually is. The mayor and the governor are having themselves a lil pi55ing contest is all. I find it amusing that the gov actually contacted the media before daley, it's like something you would see on tv.

Comment

It's never good to have two agencies stepping on each other's toes.

My uncle is a high ranking IL State Trooper, and it sounds like they don't wanna be there just as much as CPD doesn't want them there. Talk about a train wreck.

Daley is ****ed by the way, he feels Gov is trying to go over his head. This is gonna be great for politics!
            Last edited by StephDakel; 07-22-2008, 03:49 PM. Reason: ----
            Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Originally posted by MorseAve1134 View Post
              The murder rate in Chicago is no higher than it usually is. The mayor and the governor are having themselves a lil pi55ing contest is all. I find it amusing that the gov actually contacted the media before daley, it's like something you would see on tv.
              Chicago is up in murders. The only reason it looks no different from previous years numbers is because the department is looking at old cases and making them homicides. So last years and previous years numbers keep going up, making it look like this years numbers are on keeping even.

Comment

if CPD would start actually hiring people since they are short on the number of partrol officers, it would make a difference. I find it hard to believe there are people from 2006 who have not gotten through the whole process and yet they still keep people waiting. I am hearing from many of my CPD friends that there are significantly lower number of patrol cars per beat than there were last year or the year before. That is not only a problem for us who want to get hired but also for the safety of the people

Comment

Originally posted by skigoggles View Post
                  Chicago is up in murders. The only reason it looks no different from previous years numbers is because the department is looking at old cases and making them homicides. So last years and previous years numbers keep going up, making it look like this years numbers are on keeping even.
                  Who gave you this totally faulty tidbit of info? Jacking up prior years murders (somehow) to make this years look lower...Was this on "The Wire?"

And it's not that we wouldn't want ISP here (all of them I've ever had contact with have been all-around good guys), just that you would need 8 of them (figuring days off , 3 watches, 2 man car) to put up 1 beat car. A Dept. with approx. 1500 is going to get the manpower to send to Chi by taking them from where? Someone has to get shortchanged. These "extra" Troops and Agents aren't just sitting around now doing nothing. Just political BS. In addition, if you're working a decent area, protecting decent people, near where you live, you wouldn't want to get yanked to go to Englewood, Roseland, or Fillmore.
                  Last edited by ChiTownDet; 07-24-2008, 03:52 PM.

Comment

I appreciate your claim that my information was faulty. So I've decided to include links to help illustrate.

Crime Summary Report, January-December, 2006

Crime Summary Report, January-December, 2007

Lets look at the homicide totals for 2007 vs 2006
                    In 2006 They claimed there were 450 homicides in 2005 compared to 467 in 2006
                    In 2007 They claimed there were 471 homicides in 2006 compared to 443 in 2007

So 4 extra people died. Changes the statistics and Chicago looks safer.

They only have the 08 stats up to March but
                    January to March 06 there were 77 Homicides
                    January to March 07 there were 87 Homicides compared to 78 in 2006
                    So in 2007, one more person died in 2006 making the percentage look a little lower
                    January to March 08 there were 87 Homicides compared to 88 in 2007
                    Again one more person died, now chicago can claim a decrease in homicides

Heres links to the index crime stats for 05-08
                    Chicago 2008 Index Crime Statistics

Chicago 2007 Index Crime Statistics

Chicago 2006 Index Crime Statistics

Chicago 2005 Index Crime Statistics

Comment

ISP is low on officers also, I've heard from 200 to 500 short. They don't have the manpower to loan us. This was just a jab at Daley from the governor. Anything he can feed the media to keep them from looking into his closet he'll do. We need Chicago police officers manning Chicago beat cars.

Comment

It's not the department's fault for not hiring. No federal money is coming in.

Comment

Who's fault is it for lying about how many Chicago police officers there are? They claim over 10,000, but cut fewer than that many checks. I wonder what shenanigans might be going on with the funds.

Comment

Murders are up

The murders and agg batt with firearms (i.e. shootings) are way up. I work in one of the worst districts in this silly city, and things are very bad here. The south side of chicago is totally out of control. Not to mention 3 homicides in 1 hour a few nights ago in the 015th District on the west side. The mutts are challenging us on the street a lot more these days, and agg. batt's to police officers are way up, too.

Last night in 007, a couple rich, yuppie, elitist, suburbanite liberals came down to 56/WINCHESTER and encouraged the "locals" to hate the police. You can only imagine what happened next. I don't have to draw any of you a picture. Just another hot, humid night in Englewood. They are challenging us like never before because they have been empowered by a very liberal police hating media.

To make matters worse, we have a Mayor that constantly caves in to these various racist reverends who always cry about police brutality. The end result on us as officers are more cr #'s from the community and more lawsuits from these mutts and their greedy attorneys. Many officers are just plain sick of it all. Why ? Because we are not allowed to be the police anymore. Thus, many officers are not policing the way they use to police in the old days. And who could blame them ? It's just not worth it anymore. Too many lawsuits, and too many complaint registers ( cr #'s ), and a city that no longer backs its' officers have all contributed to morale being at an all time low. No contract, either.

Finally, we have a Superintendant who will, and has already, call his pals within the civil rights division of the FBI to indict police officers on civil rights violations for brutality beefs. The vast majority of us are not out there beating people up, although we are accused of it routinely by gang members, drug dealers, and their racist reverends who support them. They lie about us all the time. Nonetheless, I feel sorry for any officer who gets a sustained cr # for a brutality beef over the gang bangers/honor students lies because this Superintendant will indict you federally on civil rights violations.

All of these factors have effectively killed the morale on this once great department. There's nothing the ISP can do to help the situation here. God bless the ISP, for they have their own problems, too. We as officers could care less when all the honor students off each other. All we care about is backing each other up, and always being there for each other whenever any of us need help.

To all you new guys about to be hired: be warned. This is the climate you're about to walk into. I myself and my partners on the watch will always back you up, and will help you out any way that we can.

Be Safe Out There,

cpd007

Comment

Originally posted by skigoggles View Post
                              I appreciate your claim that my information was faulty. So I've decided to include links to help illustrate.

There are delayed deaths that are originally classified as Agg. Batts., Agg. Batts that are not immediately reclassified, death investigations that may not be found to be a homicide immediately, and faulty statitistcal info. No one is "burying" murders.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2860 users online. 158 members and 2702 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X