Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norridge Police Department

Hello,

I'm just curious if anyone is going to be testing for the Norridge Police Department? Also, does anyone know anything about the department - good/bad place to work?

Also, do they have a physical agility test? If so, what does it consist of?

Thanks,

Jeff

I think I will pick up an application tomorrow.
    ~Delta

Comment

Originally posted by JLH81 View Post
      Hello,

I'm just curious if anyone is going to be testing for the Norridge Police Department? Also, does anyone know anything about the department - good/bad place to work?

Also, do they have a physical agility test? If so, what does it consist of?

Thanks,

Jeff

I graduated with a guy from Norridge in my academy about 2 months ago. He only had good things to say about Norridge PD. Didn't give me many details but again had nothing bad to say about his dept.

Comment

Originally posted by goodfella View Post
        I graduated with a guy from Norridge in my academy about 2 months ago. He only had good things to say about Norridge PD. Didn't give me many details but again had nothing bad to say about his dept.
        My first mover as a citizen was in Norridge. I'm pretty sure there is zero work to be done. Probably just 19P calls in the HIP.

Comment

Originally posted by SIG220 View Post
          My first mover as a citizen was in Norridge. I'm pretty sure there is zero work to be done. Probably just 19P calls in the HIP.
          Double

Comment

Originally posted by SIG220 View Post
            Retail thefts, domestics, and DUI's, Oh My!

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere View Post
              Retail thefts, domestics, and DUI's, Oh My!
              Oh sorry, 1P on the domestics.

Comment

What steps are there in their hiring process?

Comment

Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
                  What steps are there in their hiring process?
                  I believe its the same as the CPD but it also includes a polygraph.
                  ~Delta

Comment

I'm going to pick up an app. Norridge is a tiny town consisting mostly of the HIP, so the department must be pretty small. However, Norridge and Harwood Heights comprise a small island of suburb surrounded by the City of Chicago, so I bet they get decent action.

Also, there are is a decent chunk of Polish-speaking folk who live in that area of the city, so that may be a plus for getting hired out there.

These are all just speculations, though, take them with a grain of salt.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

So, I picked up an application yesterday, and it is definitely the most exhaustive of the applications I've filled out yet. "If you have no military service, explain?" and "List all hobbies that you are actively involved in" are a few of the questions that I haven't yet seen on any other apps.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone on these boards has had any experience testing for Norridge? Mostly I was wondering about the physical agility test. The test listed on the back of the medical certification sheet looks like a lot of fun compared to the old POWER (including events such as "foot chase, obstacle dodge, balance board and hand vault" and "squad car drive"). However in other parts of the literature they also make reference to the POWER test, so I was a little confused as to which test was used. I figured that one might be used at the preliminary application process and maybe the other was used later on in the academy. Also, if anyone has any idea what the minimum times and requirements for the other test (not the POWER) are, it would be great to hear about those as well.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcX_5hZN6U

http://www.killology.com/sheep_dog.htm

Comment

Last edited by guffyone; 03-15-2010, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by guffyone View Post
                          Norridge auxiliary police officer position does anyone know they keep you after the holiday seasons or most get terminated. If everything goes well I will be hired but I like to find out more about it from anyone who may have worked it or still is. Thanks
                          A good friend of mine was recently hired on as an Auxiliary officer.

If you are lucky enough to be hired, they keep you unless you do something to mess it up, and believe me, they have no shortage of qualified applicants so they can be VERY picky.

Comment

Last edited by guffyone; 03-15-2010, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Guffyone, I'm guessing you applied a while ago. When did you test?

The physical doesn't look to bad. I like the idea of pulling yourself up on a chin up bar and doing the timed hold. Most people can and should be able to put up there own weight once, but a lot can't even do a pull up let alone hold it. That should weed out a good amount of applicants.

I heard they may have 2 positions open. Also one of the ladies working at village hall said they gave out around 150 applications by friday morning.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5888 users online. 336 members and 5552 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X