• Show
Clear All

Thank you very much.
    Vaya con dios

Comment

Originally posted by Eiba View Post
      Thank you very much.
      You're welcome.
      "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
        You rang?

Sauk Village PD written exam is on Saturday February 14th. Orientation starts at 0830. Written exam will follow immediately. There will also be a POWER test following the written exam however those who have a valid POWER card within one year of the written exam (02/14/2014 to 02/14/2015) will be excluded from taking the POWER test.

Deadline to pick up the application is 01/26 and the deadline to turn the completed application in is 01/30.

And I can't take this written exam myself either because of a conflicting time with another agency I am testing for on 02/14.

LOL, this guy. Reminds me of myself when I was testing absolutely every where. :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
          LOL, this guy. Reminds me of myself when I was testing absolutely every where. :-D
          No dude...he might be worse. The 2nd coming of Raiden LOLOL...but just like us some on will be crazy enough to let him ruin their pd

Comment

Chicago Dude......I'm new on the thread.....can you give me some insight please. It's my first time taking a written test. What can I expect? I heard there is an accident section. I attended community college and Illinois State University on a football scholarship but haven't finished my degree....how much education do applicants typically have or what am I up against. Heard Matteson let go of 15 officers too. Thank you

Comment

Does anyone know how many people passed the written and power test for sauk village pd?

Comment

Originally posted by JRFive View Post
                Chicago Dude......I'm new on the thread.....can you give me some insight please. It's my first time taking a written test. What can I expect? I heard there is an accident section. I attended community college and Illinois State University on a football scholarship but haven't finished my degree....how much education do applicants typically have or what am I up against. Heard Matteson let go of 15 officers too. Thank you
                I just saw this now, sorry for the delay. If you have more questions just let me know.
                "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

I believe only 22 people passed the written and power test...Which is great for testers, bad for Law Enforcement in General. There is no reason that anybody should come close to failing any of these tests... (I am mostly referring to "Blue Liners") If you want a job and it is clear on what it takes to be accepted, make that the first and last thing you think about every day.

JRFive- You pretty much need a Bachelors in anything or an associates in CJ. If you do not have this or Military you have no shot of making top 10 in any list. There are too many people out there now with either previous experience, Military or degree, which all are worth 5pts. If I were you I would finish up those credits so you can suit up...

Comment

Originally posted by ApacheWolf View Post
                    I believe only 22 people passed the written and power test...Which is great for testers, bad for Law Enforcement in General. There is no reason that anybody should come close to failing any of these tests... (I am mostly referring to "Blue Liners") If you want a job and it is clear on what it takes to be accepted, make that the first and last thing you think about every day.

JRFive- You pretty much need a Bachelors in anything or an associates in CJ. If you do not have this or Military you have no shot of making top 10 in any list. There are too many people out there now with either previous experience, Military or degree, which all are worth 5pts. If I were you I would finish up those credits so you can suit up...
                    While it is increasingly harder to apply for a dept without any college never discount the idiot military, college educated and laterals who may DQ themselves. Get an education because of the benefits it pays off later. I have a degree I haven't needed for one job yet. It helps at interviews now but it will not be necessary untillater. YOU DO NOT NEED ANY CJ DEGREE. That is pure myth. In fact we earned CJ credits in the academy. Policing is similar to the military education wise...almost every degree field is equal and receives the same attention. No CJ program will teach you to answer calls and if you should fight a combative 75 yo man or not..the street does. Use a degree to plan for what you may want to do after retirement, what you'd like to do on the side or what you just enjoy. I'm on the job, in the military and have graduate level education...none in CJ. Think beyond policing even now!

Comment

Originally posted by JRFive View Post
                      Most require an associates by now and some a bachelors. There are still some out there that don't require education but in this area most of those will require active military service in lieu of the education. If you have 60 credits you should put in...60 hours is basically the same as an associates ie most 4 year schools dont offer associates. I never got an associates but I had twice the credits it requires..do the math. Good luck man.

Comment

Is it safe to assume that Riverdale is going to retest and hire off those test results?

Comment

Originally posted by jlpez View Post
                          Is it safe to assume that Riverdale is going to retest and hire off those test results?
                          I tried to send you a pm to answer your question but i think your private messenger is off. If you turn it on ill answer your question.

Comment

PM is unlocked now, just sent you a message.

Comment

Riverdale is back up on The Blue Line. This is a good department.

Comment

They're list expired in June. Chief had been trying to hire several off that list, but town wouldn't give him the people. They will probably hire off this list sometime during it's duration, and if they hire to they're authorized strength, could be 10 people or so. Don't see them doing this at once. Last time only about 50 took the test. Lots of people have retired in the last 2 years. Always has been a solid PD, even though the town is a cross between 005 and Harvey.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9879 users online. 470 members and 9409 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X