Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know there were some of you on here that were on this list. They have hired down to #12 to get the last 5 guys last summer. May be doing some early retirement incentive and hire up to possibly 10 more this year. So if you are in the low teens, twenties, maybe ever 30's on this list, you still are in the running. Lower people on this list may be surprised. If there were as many BI problems as last time.

Comment

I was among the first 10 candidates and didn't have a b.i. problem. I was bounced on a medical issue, which was at the time a bit serious. I had to actually call them to find out because I never heard anything back. Only steps I did was medical and poly

Comment

Wasn't referring to you, but they did have some big time BI problems with some. Even taking you out of the equation, every 2nd candidate got bounced.

Comment

Wow that's a bit crazy. Well, they probably will get down to the bottom of the list. I don't have it anymore, but I don't think it was that many candidates on it to begin with.

Comment

6 were hired. 1 left for State. Not sure how far down on the list but its not far. There was talk about 3 more getting hired. It will depend on what the budget is for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
              Riverdale, Dolton, South Holland on the same radio. S. Holland and R-dale are dispatched by ECOMM, Dolton does their own. These 3 and Harvey, Markham, Phoenix use to be all together, until they split them into 2 nets around 2000 or so. That use to be one busy freq.
              That's insane. Our band is already busy with us, harvey, and Phoenix. I couldn't even imagine that.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthBurbs07 View Post
                That's insane. Our band is already busy with us, harvey, and Phoenix. I couldn't even imagine that.
                Reason they split them up. Ad to that there weren't mostly PDT equipped cars, so you could imagine running names and 28-29's on that band. Every one of the towns on there are busy joints. When is your CC NET getting encryption like most south ones have?

Comment

Do you have an idea of a time frame when they are going to start hiring more guys this year?

Comment

Originally posted by jlpez View Post
                    Do you have an idea of a time frame when they are going to start hiring more guys this year?
                    Unfortunately it doesnt look like we will be hiring this year. I guess it wasnt approved, however they will have to hire soon. There will be a lot of retirements in the next year. Not sure the exact date the list expires but as chitowndet stated they hired up to number 12 on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboys07 View Post
                      Unfortunately it doesnt look like we will be hiring this year. I guess it wasnt approved, however they will have to hire soon. There will be a lot of retirements in the next year. Not sure the exact date the list expires but as chitowndet stated they hired up to number 12 on the list.
                      I know this is a shot in the dark but any updates at all?

Comment

There were 4 or 5 Lt's that took the buyout and retired. A friend of mine is leaving in the next couple months. There are a couple Sgt's and a few P/O's ready to do the same. A few of the original 5 have left. And there's a Sgt's test supposedly coming up in a month or so. Several P/O's will move up a notch. They are about 10-14 short right now and if they don't hire soon, those new people won't be out of the academy and FTO by summer, which is when they are most needed. Look for some movement now to early next year. When they do hire, you should get called.

I think if they let this list expire (June 2015), they will have a problem, as fastest it would be is about six months, from test until done with FTO on the street (Dec 2015?). Unless they do lateral hiring. From where you are on the list, if you figure maybe 2 above you won't pass part of the testing, or don't want the job, you should be in the next wave of hiring.

Not hiring soon would definitely back up any Sgt. promotions they may want to make. If they make any more LT's, they will really be in the shiate if no new hires aren't made.
                        Last edited by ChiTownDet; 12-12-2014, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jlpez View Post
                          I know this is a shot in the dark but any updates at all?

What chitowndet said is all accurate info. I hope we hire soon, we desperately need to. Ill tell you the non-movement is no fault of the chiefs. He has tried at least 2 times this past year and was denied each time by the mayor. There is a sgt test in January. Currently i dont think there is anyway they could promote from patrol because we are so short right now. We have one LT leaving around the superbowl time, there will possibly be another leaving later this year. When/if he leaves that will create a shortage in supervisors. I know of one guy from patrol who is planning on leaving this year. My guess is he leaves unless he is promoted. There is a second in patrol who can go at anytime. So i guess the answer to your question is i dont know what their plans are but they will have to do something soon. (One would think)

Good luck to you. If you have any more questions let me know.

Comment

Anyone who picked up the app for Sauk village can be kind enough to inform us of the exam date? I'm working out my schedule so hopefully I can take the exam.
                            Vaya con dios

Comment

Originally posted by Eiba View Post
                              Anyone who picked up the app for Sauk village can be kind enough to inform us of the exam date? I'm working out my schedule so hopefully I can take the exam.
                              Oo wheres somechicagodude when you need him!!!

Comment

Originally posted by qw456 View Post
                                Oo wheres somechicagodude when you need him!!!
                                You rang?

Sauk Village PD written exam is on Saturday February 14th. Orientation starts at 0830. Written exam will follow immediately. There will also be a POWER test following the written exam however those who have a valid POWER card within one year of the written exam (02/14/2014 to 02/14/2015) will be excluded from taking the POWER test.

Deadline to pick up the application is 01/26 and the deadline to turn the completed application in is 01/30.

And I can't take this written exam myself either because of a conflicting time with another agency I am testing for on 02/14.

Last edited by SomeChicagoDude; 01-16-2015, 12:36 PM.
                                "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7945 users online. 403 members and 7542 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X