300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sauk Village/Riverdale

I see that these two beautiful cities are testing again. Anyone have any insight on these depts.?

Busy towns!!! Riverdale is surrounded by Chicago and Dolton. You will inherit their problems as well. Sauk Village is the same way, right next to Chicago heights and Ford Heights, you will inherit their problems as well. With both you will get a lot of experience and want to leave for greener pastures. Both are REAL close to 394 and within easy running distance to Indiana. You WILL get big city problems in a small town. You will also find some really good cops in both towns and you will also learn how easily politics can permeate a police department.
    You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

I will be testing for Riverdale shortly. Any more info? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by spiderman1979 View Post
        I will be testing for Riverdale shortly. Any more info? Thanks.
        Residency is approx. 20 miles, but you have to maintain that residence for the duration of your employemnt, or move into Riverdale

Last Chief was an A-1 guy, this one, not so much. Lot of good coppers there. Very busy, like CityBlue said. Businesses are leaving the town, beginning to see a lot more boarded up houses = Dwindling Tax Base
        Last edited by ChiTownDet; 07-28-2008, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

according to Monster.com. Riverdale is taking apps for Police Officer $50 bucks

Comment

cant find it anymore on monster , maybe they changed their mind, when you go to the village website and click careers and click on police openings it says page cannot be displayed oh well..................

Comment

apparently they are only taking laterals.... and charging 50 bux ................... funniest thing i heard all day..

Comment

I would think riverdale as a get in and get out department...not one I want to lateral into. Plus they just were ranked last month as the #7 city in the US that is about to go broke... Im staying away...

Comment

Hate to bump this old thread, but this was all I found. Only 50 people showed for the written this time around. For this town to be one of the poorest in the US, how is it they start at $25/Hr? Chief said there are immediate openings and more throughout the duration of the list. Also, I don't think I've heard Riverdale having officers in the academy recently. Could be wrong though....

Comment

They want to hire 6 off this list. 52 showed for it. R-dale is not one of the poorest towns in the US. Definitely not one of the most well off, but not a Robbins/Ford Hts.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the info. That's a decent amount for 52 applicants. They're on 12 hour shifts which I think is pretty nice. Hopefully the interviews are coming soon...

Comment

Hiring 6?!? Why didn't I do this...

Comment

Riverdale has some good coppers. Lots of action, you will learn how to stick and move. Keep your head on a swivel and stay in shape out there.
                            "It's a whole lot better to go up the river with seven studs than a hundred ****heads."
                            "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Comment

Chief did say, if you're looking for action, you'll find it here lol Are the neighboring towns on the same band?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8002 users online. 406 members and 7596 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X