300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Himso View Post
    We did have foreign help. In fact it was the first time in a long time that the U.S. allowed foreign troops on our soil. Mexico being the closest was one of the first if not first to come to our aid. Thier military sent drinking water and tents and other items. The real story here is that some of the world responded and thier offers were refused.
    Yes, but Mexico is what I like to call a "Scam-ocracy" These other countries love the weakening dollar, and will want something in return for their "good deeds". I dont think there are many that really sympathize with anything bad that happens here.

Comment

• Originally posted by LESTER83 View Post
      But back to the gas problem.
      Sit tight because in a few years new technologies will come out that we wont need oil or gasoline anymore. Hybrids that run off ethanol, biodiesel, and oh yes.. the electric car.. just to name a few.
      Maybe not such a good idea. Local pizzaria owner was bitching the cost of flour has tripled in the past year. Id rather eat the grain than power my car with it, especially when theres pleanty of oil sitting right under our feet.

Comment

• not to mention, that, aircraft, semi-trucks, Freight trains, and trans oceanic ships cant run on corn...

Comment

• Originally posted by CATM View Post
          Yes, but Mexico is what I like to call a "Scam-ocracy" These other countries love the weakening dollar, and will want something in return for their "good deeds". I dont think there are many that really sympathize with anything bad that happens here.

They did help and are wrong. If they did'nt help they would be wrong. Sounds like a can't win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Himso View Post
            We did have foreign help. In fact it was the first time in a long time that the U.S. allowed foreign troops on our soil. Mexico being the closest was one of the first if not first to come to our aid. Their military sent drinking water and tents and other items. The real story here is that some of the world responded and their offers were refused.
            Ok,I do remember Mexico's help.Maybe I thought it was reserves from New Mexico,But Ill take your word.But I still don`t think the USA should offer help to almost every country and aid when we got major problems on our own.
            Last edited by gundog; 05-12-2008, 10:04 AM.
            Remember 9/11! No dog compares to a Wirehair!

Comment

• It was'nt just Mexico.We had offers from alot of countries but the US bungled. It became a big deal during Katrina because we were unprepared to accept and distribute the assistance.

I think we should give our people aid before anyone else but giving humanitarian aid is part of what makes the United States the greatest nation in the world. IMO.

Comment

• Our gas went up here again over night. This time the jump was over .10 to 3.69 a gallon and that's for the cheap stuff.
                Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

• Originally posted by gundog View Post
                  Or you can buy a scooter!
                  I think i might get a vespa

Comment

• Originally posted by Jail Guard7160 View Post
                    I think i might get a vespa
                    Where would you put the beer?

Comment

• Originally posted by nebraska_deputy View Post
                      Our gas went up here again over night. This time the jump was over .10 to 3.69 a gallon and that's for the cheap stuff.
                      3.99( 87 oct.) a suburb close to chi town.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11258 users online. 375 members and 10883 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X