Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $ 4.08 For Gas, Stay Put Or Move Closer

post-deleted
    Last edited by d10mack; 05-16-2008, 08:18 AM.

Originally posted by d10mack View Post
    With gas going up and up at what point do you say omg and pack up and move closer to work.

Nope, clean the dust off the ol' mountain bike. Then you can do 2 things at the same time, get a work out and save money.

Comment

Gas is gas... they can make it $10 a gallon and I would fill up every time. It's an essential item for me and if other non-essential expenses need to be curbed because of it, then so be it.

We pay a lot less than other countries and it is cheaper than milk or bottled water.

Allow us to drill our own land for oil, allow us to build oil refineries, allow us to change how OPEC deals with the market, and stop trying to do gimmicks with "cutting gas prices" which do don't anything for the average consumer.

Comment

scooter

Or you can buy a scooter!
        Remember 9/11! No dog compares to a Wirehair!

Comment

I would not say cheaper than milk, as milk only cost $2.50 a gallon for Deans brand. Water I am not sure as I do not buy water.

Comment

Originally posted by chicago_ep View Post
            I would not say cheaper than milk, as milk only cost $2.50 a gallon for Deans brand. Water I am not sure as I do not buy water.
            I guess you don't buy organic whole milk from Whole Foods.

Comment

Originally posted by rolt View Post
              I guess you don't buy organic whole milk from Whole Foods.
              I think I am gonna hide a cow in my garage!!! Crap I had neighbors before that had roosters, WTF why not!! LOL

Comment

Well the price of oil is going to continue to rise, you can thank Nancy Pelosi "this is a new congress" or perhaps Mr. environment himself Al Gore. Who between his motorcades, private jets and mansion, he has probably consumed more oil and produced more "carbon emissions" than any one middle class family in America could in a life time...But hey, whose wallet is it hurting? His? Pelosi?

Comment

Originally posted by CATM View Post
                  Well the price of oil is going to continue to rise, you can thank Nancy Pelosi "this is a new congress" or perhaps Mr. environment himself Al Gore. Who between his motorcades, private jets and mansion, he has probably consumed more oil and produced more "carbon emissions" than any one middle class family in America could in a life time...But hey, whose wallet is it hurting? His? Pelosi?
                  I guess we can let China and India off the hook then, since its Al Gore's fault now.

Comment

haha, how could i for get them, that is a good point, there are other factors, like inflation and world demand...Let not forget though that China is 1 billion strong...Al Gore is one man. He sure made a dent though.

Comment

hello from over east (does NYC make me a yankee??). I dont blame anyone for the price of gas, it is what it is. The problem here is free trade ought to be just that: free. An oil company ought to be free to explore and drill for the product they need. Now for THAT you can blame environmentalists. Its a commodity. relax it will come down on its own, as long as we take the handcuffs off big oil and allow them to move America.

Comment

Well said. The oil market is a quasi-state run industry. But I do lay blame to certain "political figures" in this country. Here is an inconvenient truth, these politicians who scream and yell about the environment and the end of the world give them selves so many pay raises, they have forgotten what its like to support a family and pay a mortgage. Its much more convenient blame industry which has given this country so much. At the same time they guarantee they will hold their political power because the "care about America and the environment" Its a scam!

Comment

Environmentalists are the cause for the high gas prices? Supply is finite and dwindling while demand is increasing. I don't care if alternative fuels help or hurt the environment-I just want us to be able to tell the middle east to **** off....

Comment

Enviromentalists at fault? I dunno fellas. Lets see, we have a president who made his fortune as well as his family in oil. We have a war going in Iraq and a VP who has a relationship with Halliburton. Conflict of interests maybe? We have Arabs that hate us decide what amount of oil gets put into circulation. They have us by the marbles.

Comment

The best part is that the Feds still subsidize the big oil companies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10239 users online. 450 members and 9789 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X