300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moline PD

This is actually a two part post. First, I was wondering if anyone has any information about this department?

Secondly, I may be relocating to the area due to a job change for the fiance and am interested in applying for the PD. I tested for a department two years ago and reached the BI portion and did not pass. I have no idea why, however, most that I have spoken with said that the department I was testing with was a joke anyway.

I DESTROYED my credit in college and have been rebuilding it for the past two years. I also had academic issues in college, however, those were due to other events that were occuring in my life outside of college. In any case, would these two things be enough to DQ me from a position as a PO.

Other than those two things, my record is clean, I have no criminal history at all. I took honors classes and played a sport for an olympic developmental team. Everything else, looks good except those two things. I would appreciate any insight you all may be able to provide.

Thanks!

Short answer yes with a but, longer answer no with a maybe...Just kiddin. It all depends on the department and what their standards are/how much they want you. I was hired with an "eh" credit rating and an "eh" academic history although at the time my GPA for the previous two semesters was a 4.0. I would say for most departments if you can articulate why things happened the way they did and the steps you made/are making to improve those things you should be fine! Just don't blow your knee out at the academy like me and you should be good to go.

Comment

Moline (or the Quad Cities) is a great place to live. I got my associates degree at Black Hawk College there. MPD is top notch.
      There is much to do in the QC, all the comforts of a big city and close enough to small town America. I love it but it's not where I want to live. Good luck. If you have any Questions about the area, let me know.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13409 users online. 457 members and 12952 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X