300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June testers

I hate to exhaust this issue, I tested for the CPD in June of 06 and completed the entire screening process. My investigator was very helpful, he called me to let me know the he submitted his final report. However its not just an issue of me being impatient, this pending academy date is negatively effecting my other employment. I'm a reservist and with the cost of living and price of gas, its only profitable to go on military orders for a short period of time, 30 days to 60 days. The problem occurs when I commit to these orders, I cannot cancel them. My Squadron is cooperative, but they can't cancel orders. I don't want to sign on to a military commitment to make decent money and have it interfere with this academy I've been waiting for...I think the test result stated I was # 105, if that means anything...The CPD is very secretive with their info...Does anyone have any idea what time frames between scheduled classes? The newest one is May 19..I think. Or does anyone know the "average" time between the home interview and the final power test? Thanks, Rich

I know that 25 people were called up yesterday to start this month in two weeks, so you might be a June person.

Comment

I know how you feel CATM. I feel like my life has been on hold for two and a half years. I am a Feb tester and had my home interview in October 07 and am still waiting for an academy date. And I had no paperwork problems or delays of any kind.

As far as I know, May 19 is the only next definite class. And after reading this article

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/9...cuts02.article

I am inclined to interpret it as they are not going to have classes for a while. "Citywide hiring freeze."
      Last edited by ChiCitySW; 05-07-2008, 12:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

That article sounds absurd. What is going on in this city?
        Last edited by CATM; 05-07-2008, 01:12 PM.

Comment

CATM, the process may seem longer to you then anyone else is because (correct me if I'm wrong) there are no classes scheduled during the winter. They were just resumed.
          On the other hand the hiring freeze does not include public safety. The article states they will cut spending (overtime and non-personnel) but not freeze hiring public safety. The same was true with the last, recent, hiring freeze.
          Just had my home interview and I was told that it will most likely be end of summer for me (June06 tester #1000+)
          EDIT: Reading that over and over again, it could be interpreted both ways. I still don't believe everything I read because it contradicts other articles.
          Last edited by blk98gt; 05-07-2008, 07:30 AM.
          You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

I've learned alot from just keeping my ear to the rail. It seems like the city goes through these "hiring cycles" not because they are scheduled, but because someone says, "hey we are 3000 cops short" and they begin testing 3 or 4 times a year. Because of the influx of testing, they overwhelm themselves with applicants, then slam on the breaks. Now that they are comfortable with the number of applicants, its time to start the qualification precess. This is where it gets complicated...Lets face it, anyone who has done the hiring process knows the standards aren't....."traditional police tests". I think this may be done (please correct me if this is inaccurate) in an effort to eliminate any suspicion of discrimination on the department. I think their hiring board compensates for the "non-traditional testing" with simple thinking...'You want to to be a Chicago cop, then you're willing to wait!' It seems like they think the serious applicant will be patient, and willing to deal with these eccentricities that are probably just the tip of the iceberg. Does that sound about right?

Comment

Originally posted by CATM View Post
              I've learned alot from just keeping my ear to the rail. It seems like the city goes through these "hiring cycles" not because they are scheduled, but because someone says, "hey we are 3000 cops short" and they begin testing 3 or 4 times a year. Because of the influx of testing, they overwhelm themselves with applicants, then slam on the breaks. Now that they are comfortable with the number of applicants, its time to start the qualification precess. This is where it gets complicated...Lets face it, anyone who has done the hiring process knows the standards aren't....."traditional police tests". I think this may be done (please correct me if this is inaccurate) in an effort to eliminate any suspicion of discrimination on the department. I think their hiring board compensates for the "non-traditional testing" with simple thinking...'You want to to be a Chicago cop, then you're willing to wait!' It seems like they think the serious applicant will be patient, and willing to deal with these eccentricities that are probably just the tip of the iceberg. Does that sound about right?
              Yep. I don't know if you missed the article I posted few weeks ago from the sun-times talking about hiring 435 cops this year.
              You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14245 users online. 473 members and 13772 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X