Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vice lords 16th & lawndale

seen the history channel, gang land, with the vicelords in the spot light,
    looks like the boys in blue earn their money on the west side.
    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

"West Side be the Best Side"

Comment

Keep an eye out... the 'Gangland' series people are in the talks about doing a program on the joint effort between the CPD and CCSO gang units/HIDTA.

Comment

Gangland

I have my DVR set to record every episode. Very good show.

Comment

There's a good episode about the MLD's and Latin Kings from Humbolt park also.

Comment

I noticed in one segment they were talking about vice lords and the stock video footage they used of some dude throwing gang signs but instead of throwing up vice lords he threw up a pitch fork. Definitely not a vice lord.

oops.

Comment

Do Chicago Cops go undercover into a gang? If they do then from what unit are they usually from?
              ~Delta

Comment

Originally posted by DELTAFORCEWOLF View Post
                Do Chicago Cops go undercover into a gang? If they do then from what unit are they usually from?
                We have long term narcotics teams.

Comment

Originally posted by DELTAFORCEWOLF View Post
                  Why would they even want to? Gangs aren't high-profile (in my non-LEO, never_been_in_a_gang, civilian, point-of-view) enough for it to be worth it. I find it would be better to just "catch them slipping" instead of being on the "team" for purposes of infiltration.

What gangs do you officers out there feel are the biggest threat to Chicago, if even applicable? Also, do any of you listen to (local) "gangsta rap" for purposes of education?
                  Last edited by Area3Citizen; 05-06-2008, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Area3Citizen View Post
                    Why would they even want to? Gangs aren't high-profile (in my non-LEO, never_been_in_a_gang, civilian, point-of-view) enough for it to be worth it. I find it would be better to just "catch them slipping" instead of being on the "team" for purposes of infiltration.

What gangs do you officers out there feel are the biggest threat to Chicago, if even applicable? Also, do any of you listen to (local) "gangsta rap" for purposes of education?
                    Me thinks that someone is asking questions that are to be left in the law enforcement relm and not in this forum. Oh and one more thing..gangsta rap sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by SeVere View Post
                      I noticed in one segment they were talking about vice lords and the stock video footage they used of some dude throwing gang signs but instead of throwing up vice lords he threw up a pitch fork. Definitely not a vice lord.

oops.
                      They do use a lot of old footage. They had the one on the GD's in Cabrini and showed a shot of a highrise with "4844" or "4848" on the bldg (Taylor Homes).

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                        They do use a lot of old footage. They had the one on the GD's in Cabrini and showed a shot of a highrise with "4844" or "4848" on the bldg (Taylor Homes).
                        I think that's Winthrop Towers (4848 N on Winthrop Ave) in Uptown.

Originally posted by Big Boned J.G.
                        Me thinks that someone is asking questions that are to be left in the law enforcement relm and not in this forum. Oh and one more thing..gangsta rap sucks!
                        Fine, I'll keep my mouth shut. Wasn't really asking a question though, just stating an opinion. Gangsta rap may suck, but I was wondering if it educates you as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Area3Citizen View Post
                          I think that's Winthrop Towers (4848 N on Winthrop Ave) in Uptown.
                          No, R. Taylor...Worked them enough to know them...I don't think there are any CHA highrises on Winthrop, but do remember a pretty crappy bldg we made an arrest out of north of Lawrence over there..

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                            No, R. Taylor...Worked them enough to know them...I don't think there are any CHA highrises on Winthrop, but do remember a pretty crappy bldg we made an arrest out of north of Lawrence over there..
                            Sorry, I thought you were asking due to the presence of "or" in your statement. But as a former Uptown resident, Winthrop towers were usually referred to as just "4848".

Guess I should just go back to lurking.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7822 users online. 246 members and 7576 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X