Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taking Certified Officer Exam For State Certification?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking Certified Officer Exam For State Certification?

Hey was wondering if anyone had any info at all on the 200 question test that state of Illinois makes out of state officers take to wave the academy. I took the online 40 hr law update and now have to go to the academy to take the test. Any info would help. Is it easy or tough?...What does it cover?..Etc. Thanks.

The 3 months I was in the academy they freaked us out about the state test and telling us how tough it was blah blah blah. I thought the test was a joke. As long as you have common sense, have a basic foundation of how the law and court system works, and a touch of haz-mat, you'll be fine. Just familiarize yourself with the major offenses in Illinois (burglary, home invasion, etc.), because your state may be slightly different in the way they word things and you don't want to get jammed up that way. You can miss 68 of the 200 questions, that's 66%. That means you can essentially miss 1 out of every 3 answers. I'm sure most people can BS their way through that. Good luck to ya.

Comment

Thanks sounds easy enough. Is there much on juvenile laws? Hazmat?

Comment

To be honest, it all depends. There are about 10-15 different versions of the tests, all of them with different amounts of each type of question. The hazmat on my test wasn't bad, about 10 questions and all of them were pretty easy. I don't remember much about juvenile law but I do remember the questions being mostly common sense. Like I said, just review the small technicalities and you'll be fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

I believe there is a total of 1500 question possibilities, and your test contains 200 of those questions. From what I've heard:

If after you take the test you feel like you just took the state bar exam, then you probably did alright.

If after you take the test you thought it was pretty easy.. well.. you may have failed.

Comment

Originally posted by occ View Post
            I believe there is a total of 1500 question possibilities, and your test contains 200 of those questions. From what I've heard:

If after you take the test you feel like you just took the state bar exam, then you probably did alright.

If after you take the test you thought it was pretty easy.. well.. you may have failed.
            I took it today and some of it was a little rough, but overall not too bad. Little rusty on some things it has been ten years since I was in the academy.

Comment

Originally posted by cubsfan07 View Post
              The 3 months I was in the academy they freaked us out about the state test and telling us how tough it was blah blah blah. I thought the test was a joke. As long as you have common sense, have a basic foundation of how the law and court system works, and a touch of haz-mat, you'll be fine. Just familiarize yourself with the major offenses in Illinois (burglary, home invasion, etc.), because your state may be slightly different in the way they word things and you don't want to get jammed up that way. You can miss 68 of the 200 questions, that's 66%. That means you can essentially miss 1 out of every 3 answers. I'm sure most people can BS their way through that. Good luck to ya.
              That's kinda what they're doing to us now, we just took a test that was full of tricky lingo and they told us that the state test is full of questions like that. I've kinda wondered though how so many people could pass if it was super difficult.
              Academy start date-7 April
              Academy graduation- 20 June

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6205 users online. 235 members and 5970 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X