300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking in Chicago

This morning I was greeted by a parking ticket stuck to the window of my car. I could not figure out what was wrong. I park outside my condo every night....no signs, no permit, no nothing. The circle filled in on the ticket was for parking a truck, RV, or bus on a residential street.

I drive a Chevy S-10 pickup, but to call it a truck is an insult to trucks. Anyone have any insight concerning this? It's only a $25 ticket, but I have been in the city for 3.5 years and never any problems.

Thanks

9-64-170 Parking restrictions – Special types of vehicles.

(a) It shall be unlawful to park any truck, tractor, semi-trailer, trailer, recreational vehicle more than 22 feet in length, self contained motor home, bus, taxicab or livery vehicle on any residential street for a longer period than is necessary for the reasonably expeditious loading or unloading of such vehicle, except that a driver of bus may park the bus in a designated bus stand as authorized elsewhere in the traffic code; provided, however that in the 1st, 9th, 10th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 18th, 19th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 32nd, 33rd, 35th, 37th, 40th, 42nd, 43rd, 46th, 49th and 50th wards this prohibition shall not apply to the owner of a pickup truck or van weighing under 4,500 pounds who has no outstanding parking violations, when such vehicle is parked at the curb adjacent to the owners place of residence and the vehicle bears a valid and current city vehicle tax sticker and a special parking permit issued in accordance with this subsection. In the 15th and 46th wards this prohibition also shall not apply to the owner of a taxicab who has no outstanding parking violations, when such vehicle is not in service, when the vehicle is parked at the curb adjacent to the owner’s place of residence and when the vehicle bears a valid and current city vehicle tax sticker and a special permit issued in accordance with this subsection. The owner shall apply for a permit for such parking from the alderman of the ward in which he or she resides. The city clerk shall issue a permit upon receipt of a completed application, payment of a $30.00 annual fee, and upon passage and publication of a city council order authorizing the issuance of the permit.

Comment

That's Chicago for ya, always looking for a way to screw over working people. I love the city, but the crooks that run it have to go.

Comment

You think thats bad try liveing in oak park, $45 village sticker a year then a $90 zone sticker every 3 months, and on top of it their parking enforcement I swear would come outta the trees when you turned your back! I had one write me when I came out mid ticket in my uniform on my way to work!
        Who you calling twig pigs? we prefer tree police thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by ParkCop 23 View Post
          You think thats bad try liveing in oak park, $45 village sticker a year then a $90 zone sticker every 3 months.
          $405 per year just to have a car in OP. Jeez, I think I'd take up bicycling year round.

And I'm guessing your property tax is very low.

RyBaK

Comment

bicycling year round works in Arizona not so much Oak Park. And I rented
            Who you calling twig pigs? we prefer tree police thank you!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7985 users online. 256 members and 7729 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X