Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will be interesting!

Story didn't generate enough responses.
    Last edited by cpdhopeful08; 11-28-2010, 10:29 PM.

Hello, not to be a jerk but I think you're chances of being the police are less than zero. Regardless of what you did and why you did it, you sold cocaine. You have 2 felonies on your record. Nevermind the federal/state laws banning felons from even possessing firearms or the state law banning felons from being the police, do you really think a department wants to explain to the citizenry why they have a coke-dealing felon on their department? Especially with all the police-hating there is now? Your gang banging buddies must've never been caught in any felony cases (that or that work for one of the glamourous SE Cook County depts. lol) but still, I hate to spoil your dreams but it is what is. CPD won't even take people that've smoked weed more than 3 times. Do you really think selling coke is going to bode well with them? So even if you're interviewing at a department that loves you, you're not going to get a FOID card and you're not going to be accepted as an LEO by the state training board. Maybe you can be a lawyer and then get elected to be a judge like Greg Mathis. Other than that man, I think you shouldn't give your hopes up.

Comment

Unfortunately for you, the above post is right. If you've been convicted of a felony, departments won't hire you. Moreover, the state will deny you a FOID card, which is necessary to own/fire a firearm in Illinois.
      About those guys who were ex gang bangers; if they've never been convicted, they have chances of making it as a PO, depending on their background. Besides most of them did that stuff when they were younger and have gotten their acts together; or at least I hope so.
      Sorry bro, but your chances are zero.

Comment

Story didn't generate enough responses.
        Last edited by cpdhopeful08; 11-28-2010, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Even if you got the record deep sixed, you'd still have to explain the arrest. If it was in the city the case rept's can be dug up. The State Training Board would have to have it explained to them also, and they can deny you certification.

Comment

Wouldn't age also prohibit him from becoming a police officer? I was under the impression that 35 is the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolfan View Post
              Wouldn't age also prohibit him from becoming a police officer? I was under the impression that 35 is the limit.
              Age has nothing to do with becoming a police officer unless the department has a limit, which a lot of departments don't have anymore.

Comment

I have had friends denied in the process for taking a hit of MJ once, let alone selling cocaine and getting busted.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10886 users online. 393 members and 10493 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X