300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUGUST 06 tester

Well i went to my psych interview last friday and i left worried that i might have failed. After reading some of the other posts i am really scared of not passing, i have passed everything else so far and if i pass this i know i'm pretty much in. My background has nothing been on it, never been arrested and i've never done any illegal drugs. I heard a lot of people who fail the psych is because the department does not want to hire them and use the psych as the cause for DQ'ing people. (What do you guys think?) Also from what i've seen all the women i know that took the test passed and are in the department. I'm a 24 year old hispanic woman, do i really stand a chance?
    luckygirl

Originally posted by jackiegonzalez View Post
    Well i went to my psych interview last friday and i left worried that i might have failed. After reading some of the other posts i am really scared of not passing, i have passed everything else so far and if i pass this i know i'm pretty much in. My background has nothing been on it, never been arrested and i've never done any illegal drugs. I heard a lot of people who fail the psych is because the department does not want to hire them and use the psych as the cause for DQ'ing people. (What do you guys think?) Also from what i've seen all the women i know that took the test passed and are in the department. I'm a 24 year old hispanic woman, do i really stand a chance?
    I think you will be just fine. When I took it I didn't even realize that they are dropping people after the psych. This board does make some people more paranoid then they should be I think. I know I'm paranoid about my interview with my background investigator even though I have nothing other than one simple writeup at work in my entire life's background.
    It's like going to webmd.com It will make you believe you have cancer after you are done reading everything.
    Let us know what happens
    You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

The psyc test is complete garbage. It unfairly discriminates against veterans who served in iraq/afghanistan. The test is designed to look for a very specific type of person cpd wants.

The ten minute interview I had, the psychologist asked a bunch of questions about my marriage. How does that involve being able to do police work??.

The ONE person I do know who passed the psyc test was just a regular guy who completed college. He saw a counselor all throughout grammar school and high school. Not the brightest guy in the world either. He told me the way he passed the psyc is to tell them what they wanna hear, and dont bring up anything that is not documented, or something they can find out. .

keep your answers short and simple. yes or no answers.

Comment

What kind of person do they want?

Comment

You're a Hispanic woman, you'll get hired for sure...As for what kind of people they want-Irish White Male. What kind do they hire? Minority. Thank the left for having bangers in our ranks.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, i will keep you guys posted on how the process is going for me. Knowing the police department it will take a couple of months to know how it went. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.
            luckygirl

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9112 users online. 414 members and 8698 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X