300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daley's old man vs son

growing up in the mayor daley era and being a city dude ( at heart )

with a 10 star rating being the highest................

include:

creating jobs

law enforcement

pollution controls

urban blight

what can be done , not over night , but in progression , to make

chicago a better place
    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Originally posted by ftlaudcop View Post
    growing up in the mayor daley era and being a city dude ( at heart )

with a 10 star rating being the highest................

include:

creating jobs

law enforcement

pollution controls

urban blight

what can be done , not over night , but in progression , to make

chicago a better place
    Daddy created jobs and shared the wealth with his allies and thus bought loyalty and votes 7
    Junior tried the same thing and brought business to Chicago but they were high tech and office jobs....thus limited resources for people without those skills....Blue collar workers.....with the quality of education offered by the CPS he limited options and made the burbs more attractive. 5

Daddy was a different animal when it came to law enforcement....he understood their purpose and used them accordingly...kind of like a little JEdgar Hoover. It was also a very different police deparmtment. It was always political, but the job got done. 8

Junior never respected the police, he spent his life seeing them as the guys who held the door open for him from his daddy's security detail. Now that he is mayor the CPD is an inconvenient necessity that keeps dragging him into the spotlight. 5

Pollution Controls.....anybody remember the when the incenerator on 103rd and Doty used to belch out of the three smokestacks. He didnt care about pollution steelmills were open, people had jobs, 7

Junior put a garden on the roof at City Hall 4

URBAN BLIGHT remains the one thing that links the two Daleys....a lot of the crap that remains today is the remnant of stuff begun during Daddy's tenure......Robert Taylor, Unrban Renewal, the Model Cities Program and others....in turn Junior has done a lot to shape the face of Chicago....Chicago is now a much better place to look at. He has torn down the majority of CHA and other pictures of blight and run the residents to the burbs and he is actively courting the Yuppies and kids whose parents fled the city during the great white flight of the sixties. UNfortunately he has created circumstances that make it very difficult for the people that make Chicago what it is to be able to afford to live there. Both 7

Unfortunately I am one of those guys who believes that all of Junior's improvements (including importing J-FED) are all a part of the grand conspiracy to bring the Olympics to Chi Town.
    You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

To make a Chicago a better place?

Get rid of/indict:

Daley
      Blago
      Stroger

Comment

Originally posted by rolt View Post
        To make a Chicago a better place?

Get rid of/indict:

Daley
        Blago
        Stroger
        ..and then not allow crooks to take their place
        Academy start date-7 April
        Academy graduation- 20 June

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10060 users online. 428 members and 9632 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X