300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
    No, because nobody knows what criteria they are using in evaluating you in the psych. Who knows what a right or wrong answer is in there..
    How do you figure out who gets bounced and who doesn't with questions like:

"Have you ever been in a fight?"
    "Have you ever got angry at someone?"
    "Did you ever yell at your parents?"
    "Would you rather work in your garden or build a garage?"
    etc, etc..

You tell me who you want to pass or not pass and I can give you a boiler plate expalnation for DQ'ing them or not..
    Your very knowledgeble. I wanted to find out what I didnt exactly pass on the verbal psych. Those answers are disclosed. As far as I know 1 in 6 pass the combined psych. Who sets the parameters in order to DQ certain people or not??? How long have you been on the force???
    ~Delta

Comment

wouldnt everyone say true to the question "have you ever got angry at someone" because i dont know a person that never has, its just part of life, even a little baby gets angry at someone. I dont think that neccessarily would disqualify anyone unless they show repeated anger problems. hey delta did you answer true to anyone of those questions because i know getting in a physical altercation is a disqualifier (from the shrinks perspective. they dont want another anthony abbate out there.)

Comment

The psych. tests are like car insurance in that there are predetermined risk factors that may or may not be true. For example, those that endorse more aggressive behaviors will have a higher aggression scale. While these tests are subjective in the end, all departments need some sort of standardized way of testing. Nothing's perfect. Just be honest and you'll know you did your best. After all, you can't change your brain.

Comment

Originally posted by TactCPD View Post
          wouldnt everyone say true to the question "have you ever got angry at someone" because i dont know a person that never has, its just part of life, even a little baby gets angry at someone. I dont think that neccessarily would disqualify anyone unless they show repeated anger problems. hey delta did you answer true to anyone of those questions because i know getting in a physical altercation is a disqualifier (from the shrinks perspective. they dont want another anthony abbate out there.)

That is a control question. Answering no to this question hits the deception scale.

I answered yes to the physical altercation and I was hired. It was work related. It really depends on the circumstances and I am sure the question is not a blanket disqualification.
          Last edited by SeVere; 05-02-2008, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TactCPD View Post
            I honestly dont remember TactCPD. I wish I could find out what went wrong for me....
            ~Delta

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8535 users online. 417 members and 8118 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X