Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stop the violence in chicago

being away from chicago since 82 , and doing the cop and robbers
    routine in florida for 24yrs and 7 months, and checking out the published address's of weekend shootings and killings, i am shocked to say the least .!
    ( wink )...
    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

For the very vast majority of the part - it's gang bangers killing other gang bangers.

Teenagers out running the street at 2:00 AM, on a school night, "keeping it real" and getting shot. They have past criminal records, rap sheets, etc.. gang affiliated, or emulated/associated with gang bangers and were all about the nation business.

Ignorant people want to blame guns, the police, and or the government.. they should be blaming the lack of solid family structures and lack of personal responsibility.

The police need to be allowed to be just that.. the police. J-Fed and the others in power that cow toe to the "reverends", poverty pimps, and trial lawyers are also at fault for that particular problem.
    Last edited by rolt; 04-23-2008, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I agree with Rolt!
      ~Delta

Comment

Exactly what Rolt said!

Also, it's completely asinine how our local media thinks this is a gun problem. Why not an accountability problem? Why not a parenting problem?

Comment

If the media did features on how irresponsible parents cause their kids to get into trouble, run the streets and get killed, nobody would tune in. And if politicians like Daley, or the States Attorney ever dared to suggest such a thing, they'd lose their community base, and never get elected, or re-elected.

It's always easier to blame the system than to accept responsibility for your actions.

Comment

We've been out on shootings every night this week. I agree with Rolt 100%. In addition to that, numerous witnesses to our shootings that refuse to say anything, or lie about what occurred, and victims that are 2 feet away from there shooters and had "turned they head" or "was looking the other way" when they got shot. If the victims want to lie to us about who shot THEM, well knock yourself out, you get the neighborhood and Police service you deserve. This garbage doesn't happen around where I live.

Our "helicopters" will be in the air to cut down on these shootings. Explain that bit of wisdom to me...Are they dumping Agent Orange on Englewood?

Richie, The Dress up Play-Police FED Supt., State Legislature, Reverends and Governor want to tie the hands of the Police, they will get the City they want. And at this point, it ain't lookin' pretty...

Comment

Now im not an expert in media relations. However, Wouldn't it be wise that the chicago PD release information about the incident to the media? That would put information out there instead of the anchors making up headlines.The media is making these victims sound like innocent kids playing in the front yard or selling kool aid in front of there house. Granted It's at the middle of the night but, the press will make up whatever they want. They will get the story from a eye witness that The PD knows that person is not telling the truth, but that reporter doesn't Know any better. With all the bad press you would think CPD would use some the information they recover from the scene and lack of help to say. We are doing everything we can to solve these crimes. However, with teenagers out at 3 am doing (fill in whatever they were doing), add in the dead kids criminal record, and fill up the press room with any Rev, Priest, alderman that wants air time and take the actual events to the media and say this is what we know. I think that might get the I team off the cpd's backs. That's my 2 cents though.

Comment

100% Rolt! Right on....

Family structure is key. I can't tell you how many family problem or domestic calls I've been on and to see the way some of these people live is crazy. And guess what? These people call us to fix every freaking problem in the world for them and then when we leave their houses they are quick to talk @#$t to us on the way out.

These same citizens ask for more police protection, yet when we try do our job those citizens are the first to cry police brutality. The media gets involved, and suddenly some "reverend" gets wind of whatever and then its another cluster for the department. I may be young in my department but it doesn't take a dummy to recognize why crime is on a rampant raise in CERTAIN areas....

ChiTownDet...don't forget the , "I ain't seen nuffin" line too.
                Last edited by NARC01; 04-24-2008, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Our Judicial system is a F'in Joke. That's the reason why.

Comment

Originally posted by livestrong6 View Post
                    Now im not an expert in media relations. However, Wouldn't it be wise that the chicago PD release information about the incident to the media?

The media is going to release the catchiest headline and story no matter what. They've never been know to let the facts get in the way of a good story. The headling "Gangbanging Criminal Killed by another Gangbanging Criminal" does not have the flair of "Another Dead CPS Student." Forget the fact that the kid was 19yrs old and hadn't gone to school in the last 2 years. The media and politicians do not have the nerve to say that these shootings are predominantly happening in certain areas of Chicago and are committed by certain populations of the city. Nor do they have the nerve to put the blame where it belongs but rather blame guns and the police. The city has given so many rights to the criminal and tied police hands so much that these "kids" have nothing to fear. They don't fear their parents (if they have any), they don't fear their teachers or principles, and they don't fear the police or the idea of going to jail. Hopefully the blood in the streets this summer will open the eyes of a lot of people to the real problems and changes will be made to deal with these problems. I doubt it though. You can't even shoot a ferocious, meat-eating, wild animal in Chicago without being criticized by the media and the left. And yes, I was talking about the cougar.

Comment

That's why I think CPD should have a press conference and let the bad laundry air out. Basically plaster everything CPD knows about the victims on the air. IF the kid is a banger then say the kid is a known banger his rap sheet is longer then a roll of bounty. Then make comments about the lack of creditable eye witnesses. Making a statement that murders are happening in your neighborhoods however, you don't want us to help? I can't understand that. Put it back on the people in the community. Put it on the so called reverends of the community that driver BMW's to there store front church.

Comment

Originally posted by livestrong6 View Post
                        That's why I think CPD should have a press conference and let the bad laundry air out. Basically plaster everything CPD knows about the victims on the air. IF the kid is a banger then say the kid is a known banger his rap sheet is longer then a roll of bounty. Then make comments about the lack of creditable eye witnesses. Making a statement that murders are happening in your neighborhoods however, you don't want us to help? I can't understand that. Put it back on the people in the community. Put it on the so called reverends of the community that driver BMW's to there store front church.
                        That will never happen until we can end the political correctness that is choking the throat of our nation.

Comment

Yeah, there is a lot of violence in Chicago recently, but the violence has always been there! The media keeps playing on it making the issue more recognized and again targeting GUNS as the problem. Maybe the media should do a segment every night on how many people on Chicago kill themselves by hanging. Maybe we should blame the deaths on rope, extension cords or other devices used and outlaw them too!

It amazes me that DUI's are so common and probably cause more annual deaths than guns, but are lawmakers threatening to ban alcohol or pass ordinances against owning liquour? The greatest tool to a politician keeping up their war chest is speculation and threats. "Let's see, I need some more cash today...lets target gun owners. That will get me money from the gun makers if I work with them to keep gun shops open." It's all a bunch of crap, and the media and politicians need to get their head out of their @#* and stop blaming objects and start blaming the gang bangers and criminals for their actions. " OH HE WAS SUCH A GOOD BOY...NEVER IN A GANG". B>S> Just goes to show the community that the parents didn't know their GOOD BOY at all. Yeah, he was a good boy...he happened to find the mach10 laying in the street and was on his way to the police dept. to turn it in when he was gunned down by a police officer. PLEASE!!!

Comment

The reason that politicians will not "put the heat on" these communities or the reverends is because those reverends bring them votes from those communities. To expose the reverends and the gangbangers for what they are would be labeled as racial profiling and not PC. Don't forget that 99.9% of politicians are nothing more than career minded people. They don't care about the people of the city, only their votes. Placate to the criminal element and the culture of victimization and they will vote for you. Cut off their government support and demand that they stand on their own feet and the politicians will have to get a real job.

Comment

My two cents...

Supt Cline had the best idea....flood the hood with cops after a gang related shooting.Harass every gang banger on the corners .Let the police be the police.The gang leaders hated that stuff because the foot soldiers couldnt sell drugs and bring in the doe.Now you got j-fed clueless reigning in the real police with suspensions and dissent.The gang bangers know it and are making up for the lost years of turf wars. Every corner is a dollar sign to the gangs and j-fed just doesn't get it.Daley better do something quick or he will lose is precious Olympics to the "killing field" in Chicago.
                              Remember 9/11! No dog compares to a Wirehair!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10081 users online. 427 members and 9654 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X