300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military

Concerning CPD, If there was a test this year, can I test before I get out of the Military or do I need my DD214(discharge papers) in hand? I have over the minimum 4 year time in service required to test.

Originally posted by BearsSox View Post
    Concerning CPD, If there was a test this year, can I test before I get out of the Military or do I need my DD214(discharge papers) in hand? I have over the minimum 4 year time in service required to test.
    I would contact CPD Recruitment, 312-745-5960 - E-mail: [email protected]. I THINK there was at least one person in my testing group who still had a few months left in the service so he provided a copy of his orders.

Anyone have a definite answer for this?

Respectfully,

RyBaK

Comment

You need DD214 in hand. They will collect a copy when you test.

Comment

They DO NOT collect a copy of your DD 214 when you test. That comes after you have taken your first POWER test and pass. But the DD 214 needs to reflect you had 4 continuous years prior to the date you tested. For example if you take the written exam in June 1, 2006 and receive notification that you passed in November of 2006 and took and passed your first POWER test in December of 2006. The next step would be to submit college transcripts and/or DD 214. If your DD 214 reflect your hit the 4 year mark on July 1, 2006, you are DQ. You did not have 4 years on the date you tested. As long as you have the DD 214 in hand by the day they request it then you are fine, but the DD 214 must reflect tht you were qualified on the day you took the test and not after. Even if it's one day after you will still be DQ

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Comment

Fortunately for you, CPD probably won't test for another 2 years. So no worries...

Just kidding. No really, it's probably more truth than fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post
              Fortunately for you, CPD probably won't test for another 2 years. So no worries...

I hope you are kidding. Anyone else able to back up this rumor or dispute it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mackey View Post

I think there will be another test before april of 2010....if recruitment ever gets off the backburner. I heard some officers doing desk jobs might go back to patrol for the duration of the summer months. Maybe if the bangers keep shooting each other up it might speed up the recruiting process. That would be a win-win situation.

Comment

Unfortunately, I think J-Fed is gonna clean house and send the officers to the streets long before they consider accepting any new applications. Remember that they are still working through Feb '06 testers, and they still have June, August and November '06 testers to go through before they run short on applicants.

Of course this is just an educated guess, but I bet that's what goes down. If not, good luck to all who apply, and for those of you in the process, good luck as well!

Stay safe.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10010 users online. 442 members and 9568 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X