300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-offer power test for November 06 testers

I just received paperwork in the mail stating I have to take my initial power test on 05/17/2008 at 1000 hours. This should give some of you an idea on where November 2006 testers are in the process. From what I understand reading the other threads posted we still have a significant waiting period ahead of us.

Got mine in today as well. Mine is on 5-17-2008 at 1:00pm.

Comment

Nov 06 Tester

I received my P.O.W.E.R Test letter too.
      It is a little exciting to know that we are finally moving along.

I have been assigned to May 17 as well.
      Rocky72
      CPD-The Finest

Comment

Good Luck to you all and start running now. It's not a difficult test but so many are eliminated at this point.

Comment

yep got mine today also

Comment

U guys got your test results from the written really quick right? Then they made u wait 16 months for the 1st POWER test? That must have sucked....good luck, I guarentee you after that long of a wait, tons of people arent ready for this and will fail the POWER or have just moved on because of the wait....all the better for u guys....If you are taking the test at Homan Square, the 14 laps are miserable, it's like running in a hot dusty warehouse, drink a ton of water.

Comment

We got the written test results back in Jan 07

Comment

If you think you may have trouble in the run.... find someone who is a well established runner (who will not have a problem) and ask them to push you (verbally, not physically) if you are cutting it close. We had one guy go an extra 2 laps to help the stragglers.

Lastly...DONT WAIT TO START RUNNING or doing Sit ups. Whatever your weakness is, a month is just enough time to work on it so you're confident going into the test.

Comment

Congrats everyone

Was also a nov tester and still waiting for my letter but for you that are taking the power test what day did you take the test. I know that there was a test of nov 4th and 5th 2006 wondering how they selected who took the power and when. Also does anyone know how many take the power test in one day.

Comment

Also...

Did anyone get an email sent to them telling them about the power test. I ask because they asked us for our emails in the card they had us mail back a few months ago.

Comment

Wow, thats a long time from entry exam to 1st power test. Wish you guys the best. Good luck

Comment

I got my power test date too. Assuming we pass, when do you think we'll take the other tests? Like how long do you think it will take for us to get into the academy?

Comment

I think they took the drug tests a month after the first POWER tests.

As for Academy date, I think we can count this year out.

Comment

I still haven't recieved my letter... but they haven't sent out an email either. Then again, I am in the process of moving from overseas, so I have about 4 address' at the moment...

Should I be worried?

Anyone else not receive theirs yet?

Comment

Originally posted by rubes81 View Post
                              I got my power test date too. Assuming we pass, when do you think we'll take the other tests? Like how long do you think it will take for us to get into the academy?
                              Realistically, with June people not even in the academy yet, and Aug to go after them, your looking at Nov people starting later 2009 into 2010....so from Nov 2006, your looking at a 3-3.5 year wait, which in reality isn't that unrealistic for a major city, despite what other may think....Feb 06 testers just got lucky and waited 1-2 years because we were the first test since 2004.....wanna long wait, I know people that tested for CFD in 1995 that got on the CFD in 2006! 11 years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10886 users online. 375 members and 10511 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X