Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago Police vehicle question

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chicago Police vehicle question

    Say can anyone tell me who builds the wagons CPD uses? We are looking at starting up a booking van that will be Pct wide and collect all those who need to go to jail and keep our patrol units inthe field. We are currently using a cargo van but would like to switch to the cab and chasis version that CPD uses. Thanks for any and all help.
    Happy to be here proud to serve

    "Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

    Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

  • #2
    Originally posted by squad51 View Post
    Say can anyone tell me who builds the wagons CPD uses? We are looking at starting up a booking van that will be Pct wide and collect all those who need to go to jail and keep our patrol units inthe field. We are currently using a cargo van but would like to switch to the cab and chasis version that CPD uses. Thanks for any and all help.
    I believe they are fords.

    Comment


    • #3
      squad51-
      They are Ford f450 diesel box trucks. Its unsure if cpd buys the trucks that way from Ford or brings it to an auto place to convert them into transport trucks. I can look into further for you and post the finds.

      Comment


      • #4
        I believe Sutton Ford in Matteson has the vehicle contract with CPD. You could try contacting their fleet manager. You could try any Ford dealership's fleet dept. for that matter.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TOPPED_OUT View Post
          I believe Sutton Ford in Matteson has the vehicle contract with CPD. You could try contacting their fleet manager. You could try any Ford dealership's fleet dept. for that matter.
          Wow, that's must be a pretty lucrative contract if Sutton has it. I wonder why CPD would go all the way out to the south 'burbs for their vehicles.

          Here's their website:

          http://www.suttonford.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Illinois Edmond View Post
            Wow, that's must be a pretty lucrative contract if Sutton has it. I wonder why CPD would go all the way out to the south 'burbs for their vehicles.

            Here's their website:

            http://www.suttonford.com/
            Sutton is a minority and that may have something to do with it. I believe the contract had to be awarded to a minority dealer.

            Comment

            MR300x250 Tablet

            Collapse

            What's Going On

            Collapse

            There are currently 7397 users online. 387 members and 7010 guests.

            Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

            Welcome Ad

            Collapse
            Working...
            X