300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to sell my side arm...

Ok I am trying to find some advice on here of how to get rid of my side arm.

I have a Sig 226R DAK I want to sell. I do not have an FFL, so I am trying to sell it to some one who does. I paid $950 for it brand new so im am looking for a place where I can get a decent price for it. I know im not getting anywhere near that for it, but I would like to get a good deal on it. Its only been slightly used, less than 500 rounds through it.

Any info of a dealer I could sell it to that wont rip me off would be great.

Thanks guys.

The thing about a dealer is that they're in business to make money. If they have to sell it to someone at a used price, they're going to have to pay you less than that used price.

Best bet would be to sell to a police officer at a lesser price and minimize your loss.

You do not need a FFL to sell to someone face to face if the buyer has a valid FOID.

If you need an FFL, I can give you contact information to someone in Oak Lawn.

With a new CPD academy starting soon, you might have some offers coming in from those folks to save a few bucks.

Comment

Only problem with that is I dont have the original reciept. I was in a really bad crash and the reciept was in the car. How do I go about selling it without that?

Comment

You do not need the original receipt or a receipt at all.

Comment

Last edited by Huey County; 08-05-2009, 02:28 AM.
          Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
          Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
          For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
          'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'

Such is the rule of honour.

~L.o.G.~

Comment

PM sent.....
            "Well I'd lock him up for what we know he did, and then throw in a few extra years for what he probably did." ~Hank Hill

"Why do you need to carry a gun? There aren't any bad people in this town..."

Comment

Originally posted by jeisenberg25
              I just bought a weapon from another deputy and all we did was write up a document for each of us to sign that says who is buying and selling, for what price, our foid numbers, and serial of weapon.

Anyway, why are you selling it? I thought you were trying to get back into LE.

j~
              I am, but I want to go with either a 9mm or a .45 ACP. Its in .40 s&w. The other part is that I REALLY need the money right now, being that i am in between jobs right now. My luck isnt working out too well for me.

Comment

I've sold two guns to a buddy of mine. In addition to making a sales form with all the FOID information, we also made copies of each others' drivers license and FOID for each other.

I sold most of my guns after getting out of the PI business. I'm down to a H&K P2000 9mm and a Smith & Wesson 686 6" hand me down that my dad gave to me which is about 30 years old. Just don't have much of an interest or need for them since I left the profession.

The 686 will never leave me. There's too much sentimental value in it.

I'm just hoping that I can use the H&K on whatever dept. I get on so I don't have to go out and spend a few hundred on another gun.

Comment

mcsd-
                  there is a gun shop in lincolnwood, it's a little drive from ol but they will perform the paperwork transaction from one party to another. They used to charged $20.00. I don't know if they still charge the same or raised the price. Just an idea.

Comment

thanks for the info guys, everything has been taken care of.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8418 users online. 227 members and 8191 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X