Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theodore Polygraph Test

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    This guy is good. Makes you feel relaxed. He asked me to bring a resume and saw my military history and started telling me all these stories about his time in service. Nice guy. He did throw me off at the end. He said "I don't believe a damn word you said, but the test apparently does."

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Matt_o View Post
      This guy is good. Makes you feel relaxed. He asked me to bring a resume and saw my military history and started telling me all these stories about his time in service. Nice guy. He did throw me off at the end. He said "I don't believe a damn word you said, but the test apparently does."
      ^Lol. Yeah he said something to that extent to me too! I forgot where I was for a sec because of how laid back this guy was. He basically does polys in his sleep...he's been doing it so long. I think he trained some of the other polygraphers (if that's even a word) in the area. Don't sweat it.

      Comment


      • #18
        I took the poly here once for Will Co., and failed. Was never told what I failed on. As a matter of fact, I was sent a letter from the Will County Sheriff's Merit Commission about two days after the poly that I failed and "per state law" they didn't have to give me a reason why I failed so the issue wasn't up for debate.

        Comment


        • #19
          Even worse, there's a guy who I worked with who took the exam, and openly said that he lied his *** off on the exam... AND PASSED! Long story short, he's on the department right now, living the dream.

          Comment


          • #20
            He said to me you have nothing to worry about and will your pension cross over. I dont know if that is good or bad. Good man, I turned down the position as I got called by another department.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by ccsd0601 View Post
              I took the poly here once for Will Co., and failed. Was never told what I failed on. As a matter of fact, I was sent a letter from the Will County Sheriff's Merit Commission about two days after the poly that I failed and "per state law" they didn't have to give me a reason why I failed so the issue wasn't up for debate.
              (225 ILCS 430/3) (from Ch. 111, par. 2403)
              (Section scheduled to be repealed on January 1, 2022)
              Sec. 3. Every examiner shall use an instrument which records permanently and simultaneously the subject's cardiovascular, respiratory and galvanic skin response patterns as minimum standards and shall base his or her evaluation upon changes in such patterns. Such an instrument may record additional physiological patterns pertinent to the detection of deception. The examiner may also consider changes in such additional patterns in making his or her evaluations. An examiner shall, upon written request of a person examined, make known the results of such test to the person examined within 5 days of receipt of the written request.
              (Source: P.A. 97-168, eff. 7-22-11.)

              Comment


              • #22
                The way the law was explained to me by an examiner the law does not state that a detailed explanation is required, just the results. In this case, the results are that he failed. Failure means that deception was detected by the examiner. The examiner is under no obligation to explain to the person exactly how the examiner came to this conclusion.
                Last edited by Gradient Shift; 02-15-2015, 10:22 AM.
                “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” ― Winston Churchill

                Comment


                • #23
                  How's the cook county corrections polygraph exam? Any one took it or knows someone who took it??

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I am slated to use this agency this coming week, anyone recently poly there with an update of how they are?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I do believe they give you an option to buy your results without the questions.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Boiler37 View Post
                        I am slated to use this agency this coming week, anyone recently poly there with an update of how they are?
                        I took it there last year and I had no complaints. You will either get the guy or his daughter both are nice people that know what they are doing. I took it with the daughter and during the interview portion she was very informative. Best advice I can give is to get a good nights sleep and be relaxed during the testing. It dosn't matter if your telling the truth or not if you go in all nervous. But of course just be truthful they have heard it all.

                        Good luck.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Crispyrice35 View Post
                          I took it there last year and I had no complaints. You will either get the guy or his daughter both are nice people that know what they are doing. I took it with the daughter and during the interview portion she was very informative. Best advice I can give is to get a good nights sleep and be relaxed during the testing. It dosn't matter if your telling the truth or not if you go in all nervous. But of course just be truthful they have heard it all.

                          Good luck.
                          Thanks Crispy, I plan to wear my full suit as always so will do my best to stay relaxed as possible. This will be my first poly so I'm hoping it goes well and as always, plan to be completely open and honest.

                          Is the pre-packet long or something they just use a faxed over personal history packet your BI has?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            you fill out a short info sheet there and then do a verbal background with the polygraph examiner.

                            Comment

                            MR300x250 Tablet

                            Collapse

                            What's Going On

                            Collapse

                            There are currently 6084 users online. 261 members and 5823 guests.

                            Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                            Welcome Ad

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X