Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Psych test coming up...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Psych test coming up...

    Hey, y'all....I've got a psych test coming up. Anybody know anything about MMPI or Wonderlic tests and can offer any insight? Thanks!
    What we do does not define who we are. What defines us is how well we rise after falling.

    The original "point and click" interface was a Smith and Wesson

  • #2
    cc-11
    I have taken the mmpi. It takes about 5 hrs to complete around 500-600 questions. Same questions get repeated to see if your consistent. I remember that I answered majority of the question in the middle. I was not to one side. I past the test. You will also have an interview w/the doctor. Which I think this plays a major factor on passing. I took a physc. once and answered too one side and did not pass. Unknown if that was the reason or it was the interview w/the doctor. It was not one of my best. There was three of us there the same day. I found out later that the doctor/firm the agency used fails 1 out of 3 automactically to get more sent to them. Don't mean to scare you.GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by copchick11 View Post
      Hey, y'all....I've got a psych test coming up. Anybody know anything about MMPI or Wonderlic tests and can offer any insight? Thanks!

      If its for Kane county you will be taking the wonderlic first. Its about 50 questions that test your deductive reasoning and basic intelligence. You have about 12 minutes to complete as many as you can. I finished about 30-35 of them. Next group of tests you will be taking are the MMPI-2, IPI (inwald personality inventory), and STAXII or whatever its called and another test were you circle 1-5 if you have any distress in certain physical symptons. The MMPI-2 is 567 true and false questions. They test many different scales ranging from hysteria, psychotic, depression, schizophrenia, hypomania and many more. You really need to watch the wording because they do ask you the same thing later in the test but change the wording. The next one is the IPI, its about 310 questions. Kind of like the MMPI-2 with similiar questions but alot of profile questions. Its true and false too. Then you have the STAXII which is 40 questions true and false. This is a mix of personality related questions, drug usuage, alcohol usage. Not bad at all. The the most entertaining part (rollign eyes) is the 1 1/2 hour interview with the psychologist. They really go in depth about you. Asking questions ranging from family, school, drug usage, education, asking how you handle stress and anger ect. Lets just say I wasn't sure if I passed or not. But I did end up passing but the clowns failed me on the polygraph. I had a full blown flu and tried to reschedule it but they wouldn't so I ended up showing several responses to questions. Lets just say I wasn't too happy. Hope this helps.

      Comment


      • #4
        Everyone and their mother knows that psych tests are pure garbage. All they do is weed out honest people that want to be the police. Anyone that takes enough psych tests can figure out how to answer the questions to what they want to hear. All that does is get psychopaths in.

        Comment


        • #5
          Cubsfan, sounds like you've had some pretty negative experiences with these psych tests. Hopefully, I'll do well. I've been a cop before, so I must have done something right!

          Scott32, yes, this is for Kane County. I'm very excited! I was in the first batch of about 6-8 people called back off the new eligibility list. The Sgt. said today that they've hired 2 people (off the previous list, I'm assuming) and they're going to hire 1-2 more in the near future, and over the course of the next 2 years, a total of around 6-10, depending on retirees. So, unless I fail something miserably, I feel pretty positive I'll get a spot. Thanks for all the info on the tests. I'm sure it will help. My last psych test was 10 years ago, and I think it was around 300 questions and then we had to write a one page paper on ourselves. So, these current tests are completely new to me.

          Are you sure this is going to take 5-6 hours? The sgt. said it would take only 2-3 hours.
          What we do does not define who we are. What defines us is how well we rise after falling.

          The original "point and click" interface was a Smith and Wesson

          Comment


          • #6
            yeah i've had bad experiences. I've failed a few, passed a few. A while back I took two within 2 weeks, failed one passed the other...pretty ridiculous if you ask me. I'm a PO now and couldn't be happier. I just think those tests are a waste of money. They only exist so the brass can limit liability.

            Comment


            • #7
              All the psych test is the doctor's recommendation of you....either they recommend or don't recommend you. Speaking of wasting money, in the 90's the psych cost the dept around 500.00 to send an applicant to be tested.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by copchick11 View Post
                Cubsfan, sounds like you've had some pretty negative experiences with these psych tests. Hopefully, I'll do well. I've been a cop before, so I must have done something right!

                Scott32, yes, this is for Kane County. I'm very excited! I was in the first batch of about 6-8 people called back off the new eligibility list. The Sgt. said today that they've hired 2 people (off the previous list, I'm assuming) and they're going to hire 1-2 more in the near future, and over the course of the next 2 years, a total of around 6-10, depending on retirees. So, unless I fail something miserably, I feel pretty positive I'll get a spot. Thanks for all the info on the tests. I'm sure it will help. My last psych test was 10 years ago, and I think it was around 300 questions and then we had to write a one page paper on ourselves. So, these current tests are completely new to me.

                Are you sure this is going to take 5-6 hours? The sgt. said it would take only 2-3 hours.
                I have passed some and failed some too. I can never pass Stanard & associates psychological. I have no idea why they keep failing me. But I have passed psych's for Lazer, public safety, Kane county Diagnostic center and a few others. I have taken the typical psych tests MMPI-2, CPI, IPI, PF15, and countless intelligence tests. I already know what to answer because I took so many of them.

                The MMPI-2 should take you about 40-50 minutes. Just make sure you read the whole sentence before you answer. The questions are pretty straight forward but there are some I had to read a couple of times because the way they worded it.

                The IPI is only 310 questions should take you 30 minutes. They will be comparing both of these tests to see if you are telling a lie. The MMPI-2 and IPI have alot of similiar questions so if you are not sure how you answered it, look back into the MMPI-2 just to be safe.

                Just don't go second guessing yourself on these tests. Goodluck.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Which company/test does CPD use?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Scott32 View Post
                    I have passed some and failed some too. I can never pass Stanard & associates psychological. I have no idea why they keep failing me. But I have passed psych's for Lazer, public safety, Kane county Diagnostic center and a few others. I have taken the typical psych tests MMPI-2, CPI, IPI, PF15, and countless intelligence tests. I already know what to answer because I took so many of them.

                    The MMPI-2 should take you about 40-50 minutes. Just make sure you read the whole sentence before you answer. The questions are pretty straight forward but there are some I had to read a couple of times because the way they worded it.

                    The IPI is only 310 questions should take you 30 minutes. They will be comparing both of these tests to see if you are telling a lie. The MMPI-2 and IPI have alot of similiar questions so if you are not sure how you answered it, look back into the MMPI-2 just to be safe.

                    Just don't go second guessing yourself on these tests. Goodluck.
                    Do you know if Kane County gives you the results on the spot, or will we be notified via mail?
                    What we do does not define who we are. What defines us is how well we rise after falling.

                    The original "point and click" interface was a Smith and Wesson

                    Comment

                    MR300x250 Tablet

                    Collapse

                    What's Going On

                    Collapse

                    There are currently 5173 users online. 302 members and 4871 guests.

                    Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                    Welcome Ad

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X